onc visit

Options
2»

Comments

• msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone!
    I wasn't able to get on earlier, the new pain meds are making me very sleepy. However, I haven't had any unmanageable pain in over 24 hours! WOO HOOOOO!!!! The sustained release morphine is doing the trick! And I'm still able to have regular BMs so that's another plus! I have much hope for the radiation, although it scares me too! I am glad to hear that others have gotten good relief from pain with radiation, that's certainly my plan! I won't be doing chemo in conjunction with the radiation, although we might do some when the radiation ends; I'll leave that for a later time! Thank you everyone for your prayers and thoughts, they help tremendously in this fight!
    mary
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    msccolon said:

thank you everyone!
    I wasn't able to get on earlier, the new pain meds are making me very sleepy. However, I haven't had any unmanageable pain in over 24 hours! WOO HOOOOO!!!! The sustained release morphine is doing the trick! And I'm still able to have regular BMs so that's another plus! I have much hope for the radiation, although it scares me too! I am glad to hear that others have gotten good relief from pain with radiation, that's certainly my plan! I won't be doing chemo in conjunction with the radiation, although we might do some when the radiation ends; I'll leave that for a later time! Thank you everyone for your prayers and thoughts, they help tremendously in this fight!
    mary

Pain Meds
    Mary,

What kind of pain meds do they have you on if you dont mind me asking? Also be careful with the iron pills, it can cause constipation and well we all know how we love that. I am glad you have a plan, will keep you in my prayers..

HUGS
    Beth
  • msccolon
    Options
    dorookie said:

Pain Meds
    Mary,

What kind of pain meds do they have you on if you dont mind me asking? Also be careful with the iron pills, it can cause constipation and well we all know how we love that. I am glad you have a plan, will keep you in my prayers..

HUGS
    Beth

sustained release morphine
    and the reason we're going with IV iron is the whole constipation issue of pills, and I certainly DON'T need that! I start my IV iron on Monday; should be fun! There will be 8 infusions total. This will be my first experience with infusions at the new onc office here at my new home too, so it should be interesting. I know they have a fridge in there, I hope they have good wifi! :)
    mary
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    msccolon said:

sustained release morphine
    and the reason we're going with IV iron is the whole constipation issue of pills, and I certainly DON'T need that! I start my IV iron on Monday; should be fun! There will be 8 infusions total. This will be my first experience with infusions at the new onc office here at my new home too, so it should be interesting. I know they have a fridge in there, I hope they have good wifi! :)
    mary

Hi Mary
    I had a computer crash so I missed a little time here. So glad you got some pain relief that works....hurrah and hooray....good girl. Good luck with the radiation Mary and hang tough....sending all best vibes and hugs....

Maggie
  • msccolon
    Options
    maglets said:

Hi Mary
    I had a computer crash so I missed a little time here. So glad you got some pain relief that works....hurrah and hooray....good girl. Good luck with the radiation Mary and hang tough....sending all best vibes and hugs....

Maggie

thank you!
    I will hang as tough as I can! :) Thank you for the vibes and hugs, they are heartwarming!
    mary