Anyone have any good (easy) appetizer recipies?

Snowkitty
Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am not known for my great cooking skills. Last appetizer I made was little smokies in BBQ sauce.

Something that possibly doesn't need to be warmed, maybe. Thanksgiving at my daughter-in-law's mom's house. And she's a dynamite cook.

Thanks,Cindy

Comments

• ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    My favorite appetizer
    is just a veggie tray. I put baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and celery sticks. Some of the celery sticks I put cream cheese in. I put them all around a bowl of ranch dip. Nothing fancy but enjoyed by most.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    ladyg said:

My favorite appetizer
    is just a veggie tray. I put baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and celery sticks. Some of the celery sticks I put cream cheese in. I put them all around a bowl of ranch dip. Nothing fancy but enjoyed by most.

Hugs,
    Georgia

EZ Favorite~
    I buy a package of sliced salami that has pepper around the edges. You take a slice of the salami, place a little tsp smear of cream cheese on it, lay a skinny slice of dill pickle on it and roll it up, attach it with a toothpick~and voila' you have a yummy appetizer!
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415

EZ Favorite~
    I buy a package of sliced salami that has pepper around the edges. You take a slice of the salami, place a little tsp smear of cream cheese on it, lay a skinny slice of dill pickle on it and roll it up, attach it with a toothpick~and voila' you have a yummy appetizer!

2 easy ones!
    Two really easy ones that require no cooking.

Packet of cream cheese...empty a bottle of green or red pepper jelly over the top and surround with crackers.

Take some thin ham slices..dry with paper towel...spread with cream cheese at room temp..top each slice with a canned asparagus spear and roll up. Chill in refriegerator and cut into bite sized pieces.
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member

2 easy ones!

Packet of cream cheese...empty a bottle of green or red pepper jelly over the top and surround with crackers.

Take some thin ham slices..dry with paper towel...spread with cream cheese at room temp..top each slice with a canned asparagus spear and roll up. Chill in refriegerator and cut into bite sized pieces.

Two family favorites.
    I buy a bag of frozen raw shrimp. Thaw and peel the shrimp. Pour a cup of olive oil, 4 tablespoons of chili powder, 4 tablespoons of cajun seasoning, 1 - 2 tablespoons of crushed red pepper, and 2 cloves of garlic into a large freezer bag. Chill for at least 1 hour. Fry up the shrimp (takes only a minute on each side). Don't pour all the oil mixture into the fry pan. Just reach in with tongs and pull out the shrimp. You won't need to add any oil in the pan. Chill the cooked shrimp and serve with barbecue sauce for dipping.

My sister makes this one for every holiday. Boil a stick of kielbosi (sp) sausage. Put it into the refrigerator to cool. Hard boil a dozen eggs. Slice up the sausage and peel and slice up the eggs. Top each slice of sausage with a slice of egg and top with a dot of fancy mustard.

Roseann
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    From the dutchman:
    Take a small wedge of gouda or other mild dutch cheese, top with a slice of ginger in syrup (you can buy this in a jar in most stores....Trader Joes I know has it).

Slice a cucumber. Top with a small slice of ham. Top that with half a cherry tomato, cut side down. Run thru with a toothpick.

Hugs, Kathi
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    KathiM said:

From the dutchman:
    Take a small wedge of gouda or other mild dutch cheese, top with a slice of ginger in syrup (you can buy this in a jar in most stores....Trader Joes I know has it).

Slice a cucumber. Top with a small slice of ham. Top that with half a cherry tomato, cut side down. Run thru with a toothpick.

Hugs, Kathi

EZ ..
    Block of philly cream cheese .. open and place on center of tray - open mild/med or hot salsa (la victoria or other) pour over, place several types of chips - around for dipping!

Also, 1 pkg hidden valley ranch dip dressing -mix per directions - place frige .. cut up carrots, bell pepers, cucumbers .. and other veggies .. great veggie tray idea and much cheaper than those at costco or sam's.

Happy Slicing :-)

Vicki Sam
  • Chefrox
    Chefrox Member Posts: 32
    roseann4 said:

Two family favorites.
    I buy a bag of frozen raw shrimp. Thaw and peel the shrimp. Pour a cup of olive oil, 4 tablespoons of chili powder, 4 tablespoons of cajun seasoning, 1 - 2 tablespoons of crushed red pepper, and 2 cloves of garlic into a large freezer bag. Chill for at least 1 hour. Fry up the shrimp (takes only a minute on each side). Don't pour all the oil mixture into the fry pan. Just reach in with tongs and pull out the shrimp. You won't need to add any oil in the pan. Chill the cooked shrimp and serve with barbecue sauce for dipping.

My sister makes this one for every holiday. Boil a stick of kielbosi (sp) sausage. Put it into the refrigerator to cool. Hard boil a dozen eggs. Slice up the sausage and peel and slice up the eggs. Top each slice of sausage with a slice of egg and top with a dot of fancy mustard.

Roseann

Catering Favorite
    I like the Salami-crm chs and pickle ecause it is my favorite to eat......

Cantaloupe & Procuitto
    Slices of the melon, piece of Proc...secure with toothpick..

Square Pretzels-Hershey kisses...
    Put pretzels on micro tray...lay a kiss on top...mic for just a few seconds...they will gobble these down....
    Rhodes frozen bread dough balls-thawed----put each all in cupcake pan...ake till nice brown...they will raise up which is what you want....cool.....dig out the middle and fill with ham,egg or whatever salad you like,,,

Chef Rox
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    VickiSam said:

EZ ..
    Block of philly cream cheese .. open and place on center of tray - open mild/med or hot salsa (la victoria or other) pour over, place several types of chips - around for dipping!

Also, 1 pkg hidden valley ranch dip dressing -mix per directions - place frige .. cut up carrots, bell pepers, cucumbers .. and other veggies .. great veggie tray idea and much cheaper than those at costco or sam's.

Happy Slicing :-)

Vicki Sam

Bean Dip
    1 can refried beans
    1 jar salsa whatever hotness you like
    1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Mix together, heat in microwave until cheese is melted. Serve with corn chips.

This is good with sour cream on top too.
  • Grandma X 6
    Grandma X 6 Member Posts: 135
    Sher43009 said:

Bean Dip
    1 can refried beans
    1 jar salsa whatever hotness you like
    1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Mix together, heat in microwave until cheese is melted. Serve with corn chips.

This is good with sour cream on top too.

Also EZ
    I use one bar of cream cheese,Put it on a tray, drain a can of crab meat on top and top that with cocktail sauce. Serve with crackers. It is very easy and very good. Enjoy!
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    Bump
    For Different Ballgame
  • cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    Snowkitty said:

Bump
    For Different Ballgame

Bruschetta
    Over a hot charcoal fire, grill thick slices of Italian bread. When toasted on both sides, rub the bruschetta with a cut clove of fresh garlic, drizzle on extra-virgin olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt or Kosher salt and serve. When tomatoes are in season, you can finely chop them with fresh, torn basil leaves, olive oil, salt and pepper and use them to top the grilled garlic bread. You can also grill the bread on a gas grill or toast it in the oven or under the broiler, but the flavor over charcoal is the best.

Although bruschetta is best as a first course served simply with Italian olives and wine, you can definitely make a meal out of it as they often do in Tuscany. Try it as a light lunch or supper with a glass of red wine and a simple salad.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

2 easy ones!

Bumping up for Janelle. She
    Bumping up for Janelle. She was asking for recipes. Hope she sees this post.