Comments

• Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    fauxma said:

Meena,
    My kindest thoughts

Meena,
    My kindest thoughts and prayers are with you. You have been through a lot and you have every right to be tired, actually exhausted. Sleep and rest as much as you can. And a happy turkey day to you.

I keep you in my prayers
    I keep you in my prayers Meena. I wish that this was good news about you. I am so sad to know how tired you are.

Please keep fighting, just get some rest!

Hugs, Angie
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    tl said:

keep your chin up
    Dear Meena,
    my name is Tina, Ive had kidney cancer, breast cancer, thyroid cancer and uterine cancer.

I have found thru my experience it does take a good while to recooperate from these types of traumas to our bodies. My last dx waS 6-2010 when the uterine ca got me. Ive been dealing with the cancer word for the past 10 yrs. Its very hard but you can do it.
    Ill help you anyway I can. HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Hi Tina and Welcome, though
    Hi Tina and Welcome, though sorry for the reason you are here. By offering to help Meena with all that you are going through deserves a big applause and a big thank you.

I will put you in my prayers also, and, hope to see you posting more.

Sue :)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Meena you are always in my
    Meena you are always in my heart and prayers. There will be happier days to come. Your this tired because you are kicking cancers butt. And Winning!! Things are looking up it just don't feel like it just yet. stay strong Meena, I send you all my strength & prayers. I wish I could come make your turkey meal for you. ( under your instruction of course ) LOL. We are all with you Menna, Lots of Love and hugs Kay,

Like everyone is writing,
    Like everyone is writing, your body has endured a lot with your treatments. I know it is easy for me to say, but, I just know you will feel better soon.

Take care of yourself first!

Hugs, Leeza
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    weazer said:

Hello Meena
    Hello dearheart, I keep you in my prayers everyday, and I hope you will get to feeling better soon.
    God Bless you dear sister.
    Karie Lots of Hugs coming your way!

Congrats on the very good
    Congrats on the very good news on the scan! I am praying you feel better and stronger with each day Meena.

You have been such an inspiration to all of us on here. I hope you know that!

HUGS!
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Options
    Meena
    Meena, Of course you don't feel well, you are going through alot. Do rest, as long as you feel that way. I know it's depressig but better days are ahead.
    Love and hugs to you.
    Annette
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Meena
    Meena, Of course you don't feel well, you are going through alot. Do rest, as long as you feel that way. I know it's depressig but better days are ahead.
    Love and hugs to you.
    Annette

I am hoping that with today,
    I am hoping that with today, you are feeling better.

And, I want to wish you a very happy thanksgiving.

Big hugs,

Leeza
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    jnl said:

I am hoping that with today,
    I am hoping that with today, you are feeling better.

And, I want to wish you a very happy thanksgiving.

Big hugs,

Leeza

I've been hesitant about adding my 2 cents .. as TCH kicked
    my asssss, like no other! I was also on Taxol, but the taxotere was brutal -. Sorry, I can not say it was nothing, I feel okay .. tolerated chemo like a WARRIOR. I felt like a whimp! Throwing up, fainting .. breaking out in a cold sweat after walking 20 feet. I actually felt like a 98 year old woman -. No sleep, insomina filled nights - along with sweat soaked pj's .. during 43 degree evenings .. Yes ... taxotere - stripped me of youth, aged me - more wrinkles than I remember, put me in a 6 month bad mood ==== but more importantly ... SAVED my LIFE.

Love, gentle hugs and warm wishes - I pray for you, Meena1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loving family.

Strength, Courage and Health

Vicki Sam
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Meena
    You've been through so much and you're still planning on cooking a turkey! Sleep and take care of yourself. I thought I was getting my last chemo today and sleeping through the weekend but my onc postponed my chemo for 2 weeks. I've been very tired lately and don't do anything more than absolutely necessary. We sisters have to let our bodies heal.......
    {{hugs}} Char
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

my asssss, like no other! I was also on Taxol, but the taxotere was brutal -. Sorry, I can not say it was nothing, I feel okay .. tolerated chemo like a WARRIOR. I felt like a whimp! Throwing up, fainting .. breaking out in a cold sweat after walking 20 feet. I actually felt like a 98 year old woman -. No sleep, insomina filled nights - along with sweat soaked pj's .. during 43 degree evenings .. Yes ... taxotere - stripped me of youth, aged me - more wrinkles than I remember, put me in a 6 month bad mood ==== but more importantly ... SAVED my LIFE.

Love, gentle hugs and warm wishes - I pray for you, Meena1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loving family.

Vicki Sam

I love the way you put it
    I love the way you put it VickiSam. I remember one really bad day back in 1987 when I was throwing up and too weak to walk. My poor old dad came across the lake and practically carried me to my car. When we got to the onc's office, he had to hold me up when I walked across the street. I didn't think that I would ever get through it.

Fast forward now to 2010 and here I am! The treatments suck, but they can save our lives!
  • Angie2U
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Vicki Sam

Wishing you a Happy
    Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving Meena!

Sending hope, love and hugs,

Angie
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Meena
    You've been through so much and you're still planning on cooking a turkey! Sleep and take care of yourself. I thought I was getting my last chemo today and sleeping through the weekend but my onc postponed my chemo for 2 weeks. I've been very tired lately and don't do anything more than absolutely necessary. We sisters have to let our bodies heal.......
    {{hugs}} Char

Hoping and praying hard that
    Hoping and praying hard that you are feeling better with each new day Meena.

I wish your oncologist could help you with how you are feeling.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, and, I hope you feel good enough to enjoy it.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Meena you are a hero
    6 months of Chemo, including Taxotere/Cytoxan , which is a very tough regimen. I had 6 of them and after 5th did not cook at all and cannot imagine myself fixing a turkey. You will feel better,just rest and sleep and take it easy
    Thinking of you.
    Happy Thanksgiving

I really hope that you were
    I really hope that you were feeling good and had a nice Thanksgiving Meena.

Sending love and support to you!

Hugs, Debby
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    susie09 said:

Hoping and praying hard that
    Hoping and praying hard that you are feeling better with each new day Meena.

I wish your oncologist could help you with how you are feeling.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, and, I hope you feel good enough to enjoy it.

coming back after all we've been through takes time....
    The cyberknife treatment left me feeling a lot like you describe, but day by day, little by little, I'm seeing improvements and gaining strength. I know when you're in the midst of it you can't see the way out, but hopefully it's coming. You just have to rest up and play the waiting game.
    Please keep us updated. God bless, Lorraine
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Mama G said:

coming back after all we've been through takes time....
    The cyberknife treatment left me feeling a lot like you describe, but day by day, little by little, I'm seeing improvements and gaining strength. I know when you're in the midst of it you can't see the way out, but hopefully it's coming. You just have to rest up and play the waiting game.
    Please keep us updated. God bless, Lorraine

Praying for the two of you,
    Praying for the two of you, Meena and Mama G!

Hugs, Jan
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Options

Praying for the two of you,
    Praying for the two of you, Meena and Mama G!

Hugs, Jan

I'm thinking of you two
    To Meena and Tina ,you ladies are strong ladies if not you would not be willing or able to share with us all that your going through,I'm on taxotere it's doable for me but I started my first treatments at the end of July with FEC that red devil was rough I'm just glad to be here so humbled and ladies even more so now to hear that you've been through more hell than me when we think we've been through a lot then i hear of someone else who's going through more God be the glory.we know God is the only one that can take you through something like this and we're still able to keep our heads up,thank you Jesus. MollyZ
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Vicki Sam

How are you feeling lately
    How are you feeling lately Meena? Let us know.

Sending prayers,

Debby
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Options
    susie09 said:

Congrats on the very good
    Congrats on the very good news on the scan! I am praying you feel better and stronger with each day Meena.

You have been such an inspiration to all of us on here. I hope you know that!

HUGS!

Ditto!
    The scan new is great! Think good thoughts and know you are our prayers! God bless you and hold you...alison
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    mollyz said:

I'm thinking of you two
    To Meena and Tina ,you ladies are strong ladies if not you would not be willing or able to share with us all that your going through,I'm on taxotere it's doable for me but I started my first treatments at the end of July with FEC that red devil was rough I'm just glad to be here so humbled and ladies even more so now to hear that you've been through more hell than me when we think we've been through a lot then i hear of someone else who's going through more God be the glory.we know God is the only one that can take you through something like this and we're still able to keep our heads up,thank you Jesus. MollyZ

How was your Thanksgiving
    How was your Thanksgiving Meena? Did you feel pretty good?

Hugs and prayers,

Megan
  • Angie2U
    Options
    natly15 said:

Meena you have an
    Meena you have an unbelievable spirit. With all that fatigue you still plan to cook a dinner. Kudos to you. I'm still tired and havent been thru nearly the chemo you have had. You are a hero. Happy Thanksgiving! Get your rest, your body needs it.

How was your holiday? I
    How was your holiday? I hope you got some rest and just got to enjoy it with your family.

Hugs, Angie