If you need gloves for the winter

Options
Lori-S
Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi!! I just thought I would throw this out there. Since I'm dealing with the cold sensitivity from chemo I thought someone else might be able to use this info. Target has women's glove (sorry guys I wasn't over in that section ... shoulda looked for you too). Anyway, they are only $1.50 for 2 pair. Lots of colors and designs. They aren't heavy duty or anything like that but I like them cause they are thin enough that I can do things like type while wearing them but still keep my fingers warm. I even bought a bunch that I'm going to donate to my infusion center to give out to others. For the price, you can just get rid of them if they don't last long and you can wear a new design or color everyday! Just thought I'd pass it on.

Comments

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    good tip Lori
    haha Lori....good tip...all we oxy using Canadians are always prepared....we have mountains of toques and mittens and gloves and scarves.....

last year there were people in southern states in the spring who could not find gloves in their stores....soooooo stock up now and follow Lori's tip else we'll have to ship some south.....

hugs

maggie
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    maglets said:

good tip Lori
    haha Lori....good tip...all we oxy using Canadians are always prepared....we have mountains of toques and mittens and gloves and scarves.....

last year there were people in southern states in the spring who could not find gloves in their stores....soooooo stock up now and follow Lori's tip else we'll have to ship some south.....

hugs

maggie

Mags good luck ...........hope everything goes fine!
    hugs!
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    pepebcn said:

hugs!

Depending on your indoor heating, room temperature foods and liquids may still be too cold to consume or drink without a little warming. (as I found out last winter-not much heat in my apartment!!).....steve
  • maglets
    Options
    pepebcn said:

hugs!

PEPE
    thanks darling boy....having an ultrasound on Saturday afternoon late is not my idea of a fun weekend....heh pepe why not send Lori a pair of those dozen or so toreador pants you like so well....she would look great with a nice big Canadian toque....ahahah

maggie
  • pepebcn
    Options
    maglets said:

PEPE
    thanks darling boy....having an ultrasound on Saturday afternoon late is not my idea of a fun weekend....heh pepe why not send Lori a pair of those dozen or so toreador pants you like so well....she would look great with a nice big Canadian toque....ahahah

maggie

Toreador pants! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    This is John Galiano,s style isn't?hahahaha!.
    By the way bull fighting is forbidden in Catalonia so we know very little about toreadores beside for Escamillo, tralaralalalala ,tralarala,tralarala!.
    Hugs!
  • Lori-S
    Options
    pepebcn said:

Toreador pants! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    This is John Galiano,s style isn't?hahahaha!.
    By the way bull fighting is forbidden in Catalonia so we know very little about toreadores beside for Escamillo, tralaralalalala ,tralarala,tralarala!.
    Hugs!

Don't forget
    My tapa!!!! LOL
  • maglets
    Options
    Lori-S said:

Don't forget
    My tapa!!!! LOL

and......
    tortiere.....French Canadian pork savory pie....yummm
  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Gloves
    I use the "Ove Glove" found at target in the cooking section. Then they will have a purpose later. They are cut resistant and temperature neutral. I can get something out of the fridge or oven.

Have Fun! mike
  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Gloves
    I use the "Ove Glove" found at target in the cooking section. Then they will have a purpose later. They are cut resistant and temperature neutral. I can get something out of the fridge or oven.

Have Fun! mike
  • pepebcn
    Options
    Lori-S said:

Don't forget
    My tapa!!!! LOL

LORI!!!
    Tapa is for a bottleeeeeeeeeee!
    Hugs! hahahahaha!
  • Lori-S
    Options
    coloCan said:

Depending on your indoor heating, room temperature foods and liquids may still be too cold to consume or drink without a little warming. (as I found out last winter-not much heat in my apartment!!).....steve

Steve
    I already found that out. I use an electric heated mattress pad and leave my heater off at night. Since my dog wears a fur coat to bed she gets too hot if the heater is on. I left a cup of luke warm tea on the nightstand (can't sleep without a beverage on the nightstand as I wake up at night thristy) and lordy lordy ... that cup of tea was actually cold, not even room temp a half hour later.
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    No Targets here in Canada
    But we do have lots of mitts, gloves etc. I think they have even brought out the "official Olympics" ones from the winter Olympics to sell at the Bay again.