node in presacral space

Options
sherrylee
sherrylee Member Posts: 19
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi

I have recently been rediagnosed with recurrent colon cancer stage IV, i had to have an complete abdominal hysterectomy in May, the tumors were wrapping around my ureters. I had my colon removed from the original diagnosis in 2006 and 6 mos of 5FU treatment. I am now doing 5FU and Avastin treatment but had to stop the 5FU for mouth sores. A few days ago I started getting back pain and I worry because of my whole last episode with my kidneys. Had a CT scan last night and they have said that they found a nodule in my presacral space and I need to see my regular doctor and my oncologist next week. Should I stress out? I hate this hurry up and wait game it drives me and my family insane. Does anyone have any words of wisdom or where this new nodule might be?

Thanks

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Sorry
    Sorry for your recent news. I'm not sure where this location you are talking about is, but hoping that you get some answers from your oncologist on how to proceed with this so that you become cancer free.

Kim
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherrylee
    I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this especially after such a long fight. Do you have any sort of back or hip pain associated with this node? I'm hoping not. I have a "spot" as they are calling it right now showing in that area as well as in the anterior pelvis. I do have pains associated with it both in the lower back, hip and left leg. My doctor said that if I wasn't having this particular pain he wouldn't have been worried and might have just thought it was degenerative diseas in the lower spine. I would have thought the same as I broke my tailbone playing softball a couple years back. but, I scored the game winning point with my slide into homeplate ... so it was sort of worth it.

The presacral area is located in the lower spinal area where there are a lot of nerve endings that serve the spine, hip and legs. Its starts around the 1st sacral area and goes through down to the tailbone in the back and forward to just behind the rectum. So it's mostly in front of your tailbone or just a little above it and behind your rectum.

I know that waiting really is tough. Hang in there. I will hope for the very best for you. Keep us informed on how it goes as I will be interested to see how your doctors handle this. Good luck!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Sherry
    I don't have any words of wisdom, but I am thinking of you with best wishes.
  • brokencolonbeatingheart13
    Options
    freaking avastin...
    side effects including but not limited to:
    mouth sores,
    back pain,
    and tingly feet.

take it as a side effect,
    till a doc tells you otherwise.
    good luck
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    praying
    I don't have words of wisdom, but just wanted to wish you the best. I'll put you on my prayer list!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • sherrylee
    sherrylee Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Lori-S said:

Hi Sherrylee
    I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this especially after such a long fight. Do you have any sort of back or hip pain associated with this node? I'm hoping not. I have a "spot" as they are calling it right now showing in that area as well as in the anterior pelvis. I do have pains associated with it both in the lower back, hip and left leg. My doctor said that if I wasn't having this particular pain he wouldn't have been worried and might have just thought it was degenerative diseas in the lower spine. I would have thought the same as I broke my tailbone playing softball a couple years back. but, I scored the game winning point with my slide into homeplate ... so it was sort of worth it.

The presacral area is located in the lower spinal area where there are a lot of nerve endings that serve the spine, hip and legs. Its starts around the 1st sacral area and goes through down to the tailbone in the back and forward to just behind the rectum. So it's mostly in front of your tailbone or just a little above it and behind your rectum.

I know that waiting really is tough. Hang in there. I will hope for the very best for you. Keep us informed on how it goes as I will be interested to see how your doctors handle this. Good luck!

THank you for the words of
    THank you for the words of encouragement. After I wrote this, I found out there are two masses in the pelvic region, I go for a MRI on Monday. Unfortunately, i do have some back pain and that is worrisome I was told. So now I play the hurry up and wait game.