ESHAP

catwoman6
catwoman6 Member Posts: 20
Anybody gone thru ESHAP for HD and how bad was it?

Comments

• Cherokee rose
    Cherokee rose Member Posts: 1
    yes
    Hi! My husband had eshap as his 2nd line of therapy. (Abvd was his first line). He didn't have too many symptoms. Mostly fatigue and nausea. Have u been diagnosed with h or NH? Is this your first line of therapy? We r still in the battle but God is good. I will be praying for you. Remember God loves u! He's just a prayer away. Cynthia
  • catwoman6

yes
    Hi! My husband had eshap as his 2nd line of therapy. (Abvd was his first line). He didn't have too many symptoms. Mostly fatigue and nausea. Have u been diagnosed with h or NH? Is this your first line of therapy? We r still in the battle but God is good. I will be praying for you. Remember God loves u! He's just a prayer away. Cynthia

ESHAP
    Thanks Cynthia: I have Hodgkin Lymphoma. Diagnosed in March 2008. Already been thru ABVD, ICE, GVD, Mini-BEAM and now supposed to start ESHAP. They are still trying to get me into remission so they can do a Stem Cell Transplant. Has your husband had a transplant yet? I pray you are both doing well. Thanks again!
  • nickydog
    nickydog Member Posts: 76
    catwoman6 said:

ESHAP
    Thanks Cynthia: I have Hodgkin Lymphoma. Diagnosed in March 2008. Already been thru ABVD, ICE, GVD, Mini-BEAM and now supposed to start ESHAP. They are still trying to get me into remission so they can do a Stem Cell Transplant. Has your husband had a transplant yet? I pray you are both doing well. Thanks again!

My daughter is currently
    My daughter is currently taking ABVD for Hodgkin's. She hasn't had a scan since diagnoised in July. Her first one will be in a couple of weeks time. We are very nervous about the results. Did you know that ABVD wasn't working for you before you had a scan? The reason I ask is that since starting treatment she has been feeling so well and we are praying for good news with scan. Hopefully she will be in remission.
  • catwoman6
    nickydog said:

My daughter is currently
    My daughter is currently taking ABVD for Hodgkin's. She hasn't had a scan since diagnoised in July. Her first one will be in a couple of weeks time. We are very nervous about the results. Did you know that ABVD wasn't working for you before you had a scan? The reason I ask is that since starting treatment she has been feeling so well and we are praying for good news with scan. Hopefully she will be in remission.

ESHAP
    ABVD works for a lot of people. I never once thought that it wasn't working. I had a great response with only 8 treatments. They still did a total of 12. My last treatment of ABVD was on 9/22/08. I felt great. Its only normal to be nervous prior to a scan. I pray that your daughter is in remission.
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    nickydog said:

My daughter is currently

Scan
    Hi Nicky,
    It's perfectly normal to be nervous before a scan. I'll keep your daughter in my prayers and keep thinking good positive thoughts. Please let us know how her scan comes out. Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • nickydog
    catwoman6 said:

ESHAP
    ABVD works for a lot of people. I never once thought that it wasn't working. I had a great response with only 8 treatments. They still did a total of 12. My last treatment of ABVD was on 9/22/08. I felt great. Its only normal to be nervous prior to a scan. I pray that your daughter is in remission.

Hopefully it is working for
    Hopefully it is working for my daughter too. She certainly has improved since taking her teatments. Her itchy skin and night sweats are gone and she is feeling fine with the exception of some stomach discomfort with the treatments. She will have 8 treatments completed when she haves her scan.
  • nickydog
    allmost60 said:

Scan
    Hi Nicky,
    It's perfectly normal to be nervous before a scan. I'll keep your daughter in my prayers and keep thinking good positive thoughts. Please let us know how her scan comes out. Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Thanks. We are praying that
    Thanks. We are praying that she is going to be in remission!
  • truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member
    nickydog said:

Thanks. We are praying that
    Thanks. We are praying that she is going to be in remission!

Likewise
    I believe the magic in prayers so I pray for your daughter. I also have Hodgkins and will have scans on Dec. 6th!! So pray also for me!!!

Liz