Need Prayers - Surgery May Be Cancelled

Options
skipper85
skipper85 Member Posts: 229
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
My husband's onc and surgeon had told him he was going to have surgery tomorrow. He had a CAT scan today and the surgeon called to say there is now a suspicious area in his left lung (he has definite cancer in the right lung which they thought was stage I or II and so he was supposed to get a lobectomy tomorrow). From the way he was talking it sounded as if the surgeon was pretty sure the cancer is now in both lungs in which case it would be considered stage IV and surgery would not be an option. So we would be going from a possible cure to terminal. My husband previously had stage IV throat cancer but that seemed to be taken care of with chemo and radiation. I am so saddened by this news and I'm hoping for a miracle tomorrow. They will do a biopsy on the left lung. If it is cancer then that's where they will stop and I guess refer him back to the onc for radiation and/or chemo. If it's not cancer they will immediately do surgery on the right lung. He is high risk for complications because of emphysema.

Please pray for him and for our family. I also have a sister in hospice care with breast cancer.

Thanks for all your support.

Skipper85

Comments

• hdbilly1
    hdbilly1 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    surgery
    My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family through these troubling times. I know all too well waiting for answers is one of the most frustrating part of this ordeal.
    Good luck and God will be right there with you. Bill Zepp
  • NayPaul
    NayPaul Member Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you and your
    Thinking of you and your family.... Am also thinking of your sister.
  • 3Mana
    3Mana Member Posts: 811
    Options
    So sorry
    Skipper,
    So sorry to hear about your husbands surgery being cancelled. You have to be strong for him now and give him alot of support. Miracles do happen, so think positive. I'm sure with emphysema is makes it harder for him to fight this. I lost my husband in March from lung cancer complications from his one chemo. With the holidays coming up I've been more depressed, but am seeing a counselor which helps alot. Maybe with you going through this with him and your sister a counselor could help you through it. Cancer sucks! Keep us informed on how he's doing. "Carole"
  • shaun65
    shaun65 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    SURGERY
    HOLA, I AM THINKING OF YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND, AND YOUR SISTER I KNOW THE NEXT 24 HOURS MUST ME SO STRESSFUL, I KNOW WHAT THE WAITING IS THE WORSE FOR 5 MONTHS ME AND MY FAMILY DID NOT KNOW IF MY MOTHER WAS A CANDIATE FOR SURGERY, THEY TOLD US NO, AND THEN THE NEXT YES. AFTER THAT THEY DID THE SURGERY. SO I CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. I LIGHT A CANDLE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY TODAY AT OUR CHURCH. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENS .I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU. TAKE CARE OF YOU. SHAUN