Options
2»

Comments

• Mellow Mel
    Mellow Mel Member Posts: 11
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Hi M&M (Mel and Mont)
    I have not had the same treatments you mentioned but I did have many liver mets that initially made me inoperable (I'm stage IV colon cancer, still in treatment for the past 6+ years but my liver has been clear since Dec 05). I went on Avastin and that shrunk the mets so they were operable, then I did HAI (pump therapy) where they place a hockey puck sized pump under you skin and a catheter delivers chemo to the liver after the surgery. I got that and systemic chemo and it did the trick. For the past few years I've been dealing with lung mets and the past 2-3 years they have been minor.

I hope you get that second opinion and all. I went to Sloan K in the city.
    Best of luck
    gotta run...
    -phil

:)
    Thank you all!!!!
  • annad723
    annad723 Member Posts: 44
    Options
    maglets said:

Melody
    I am a 64 year old stage 4 patient .....I was diagnosed with colon cancer 6 years ago and have gone through mets to the liver twice....still surviving....

fist Melody just wanted to say Welcome to this forum. It breaks my heart to see patients as young as your husband with this disease. i cannot help you with these procedures....i have only done chemo and liver surgery to remove mets. Don't ever give up you guys and welcome and

here's a big hug for both

maggie

Hi Melody
    Melody,

So good to read your comments. I am a Stage IV patient with multiple mets to both lobes of liver. It's encouraging to read that people can survive. I'm not a candidate for liver surgery at the moment. Have responded to different treatments, but mets seem to wake up after awhile. Am very scared that they'll run out of medicine.

I try to stay positive as I have 2 sons and a wonderful husband who happens to be a paraplegic. We thought when that happened, there could be nothing worse in store for us. I guess we were wrong.

Anyway, it's good to connect with others.

Anna
  • Mellow Mel
    Mellow Mel Member Posts: 11
    Options
    annad723 said:

Hi Melody
    Melody,

So good to read your comments. I am a Stage IV patient with multiple mets to both lobes of liver. It's encouraging to read that people can survive. I'm not a candidate for liver surgery at the moment. Have responded to different treatments, but mets seem to wake up after awhile. Am very scared that they'll run out of medicine.

I try to stay positive as I have 2 sons and a wonderful husband who happens to be a paraplegic. We thought when that happened, there could be nothing worse in store for us. I guess we were wrong.

Anyway, it's good to connect with others.

Anna

Hey there Anna
    Wow! I am so inspired by you! It never ceases to amaze me how tough people can be. I know that times like these can be difficult. But, like you said, it is good to stay positive! You have a wonderful family who I know loves you, and will be there with you every step of the way! My husband, Mont, and I will keep you in our prayers. Keep your head up!

Sincerely,

Mel & Mont