Going in again after lumpectomy

Options
2»

Comments

• LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Yup..
    I went through this as well. DCIS is not bad, non-invasive. But it's best to go back and get clear margins. Second time wasn't bad at all. I even walked into the surgery room! And I let them set me up while I was awake. I was proud of that one...But yes, get those clear margins. Negative Lymph Nodes is GREAT news. Good luck with it all. Keeps us updated please.

Love
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

Yup..
    I went through this as well. DCIS is not bad, non-invasive. But it's best to go back and get clear margins. Second time wasn't bad at all. I even walked into the surgery room! And I let them set me up while I was awake. I was proud of that one...But yes, get those clear margins. Negative Lymph Nodes is GREAT news. Good luck with it all. Keeps us updated please.

Love

Second sugery
    I had my first surgery on Sept 2,2009.Before going into that surgery I knew I had 1 malignant small tumor. Just as the radiology doctor was marking that tumor she said she had to put me on the mammogram. She found another tumor.I was in SHOCK.The one was malignant but the second one found was benign. Went back to the surgeon.He said good news and bad news.The good news I got it all.The bad news I would like to go back in to check margins.I agreed. Whatever he felt comfortable with.Two days before the second surgery I felt something.I only had 2 days to go so waited till I was being prepped for the 2nd surgery. I told my doctor(surgeon) I felt something.I thought it was fluid build up.He felt it too.Said we'll know more when we go back in.Well it was another benign tumor.I am glad I didn't have to wait for the second diagnosis and glad I found it. I am Stage 0, DCIS, malignant tumor was 1/2 centimeter. No chemo or radiation but wonder about the radiation.It was talked about what should be done with me at a convention. So I agree with it.

wasn't happy with the second surgery needed.My friends who have breast cancer only went through it once and their cancer was much more invasive.They kept saying why didn't he get it all the first time. I had no idea. But with me finding the other tumor it all worked out.
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

Yup..

Love

Second sugery
    I had my first surgery on Sept 2,2009.Before going into that surgery I knew I had 1 malignant small tumor. Just as the radiology doctor was marking that tumor she said she had to put me on the mammogram. She found another tumor.I was in SHOCK.The one was malignant but the second one found was benign. Went back to the surgeon.He said good news and bad news.The good news I got it all.The bad news I would like to go back in to check margins.I agreed. Whatever he felt comfortable with.Two days before the second surgery I felt something.I only had 2 days to go so waited till I was being prepped for the 2nd surgery. I told my doctor(surgeon) I felt something.I thought it was fluid build up.He felt it too.Said we'll know more when we go back in.Well it was another benign tumor.I am glad I didn't have to wait for the second diagnosis and glad I found it. I am Stage 0, DCIS, malignant tumor was 1/2 centimeter. No chemo or radiation but wonder about the radiation.It was talked about what should be done with me at a convention. So I agree with it.

wasn't happy with the second surgery needed.My friends who have breast cancer only went through it once and their cancer was much more invasive.They kept saying why didn't he get it all the first time. I had no idea. But with me finding the other tumor it all worked out.