Freaking mother in laws!!

Options
Mum2bellaandwilliam
Mum2bellaandwilliam Member Posts: 412
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Quick rant!

Mother in law visited earlier and started going on about mum, she is so bloody insensitive.
Her comment was "well if your body is giving up then you should listen to it, I wouldn't take a 100 pill day to stay alive!"
I immediately said to her well I would! I then said you would rather die then ?
Silence was the response, maybe she realised what she had just said.
I thought just put yourself in that position for a second, Christ I would take a 1000 a day if it kept me alive.
Insensitive sod.my mothers body is far from bloody giving up.

Rant over!

Comments

• sheryl912
    sheryl912 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Wow, talk about insensitive,
    Wow, talk about insensitive, sheesh! She's lucky you didn't plant your fist in her eye :P I think though, that a lot of people privately hold that opinion your mom in law does UNTIL they are suddenly faced with a life threatening illness or situation. THEN see how fast and how hard they fight!
  • Mum2bellaandwilliam
    Options
    sheryl912 said:

Wow, talk about insensitive,
    Wow, talk about insensitive, sheesh! She's lucky you didn't plant your fist in her eye :P I think though, that a lot of people privately hold that opinion your mom in law does UNTIL they are suddenly faced with a life threatening illness or situation. THEN see how fast and how hard they fight!

Exactly!
    If she has the

Exactly!
    If she has the slightest little ailment you would think she was dying!
    I thought just put yourself in that position , I bet you would soon change your tune!
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options

Exactly!
    If she has the

Exactly!
    If she has the slightest little ailment you would think she was dying!
    I thought just put yourself in that position , I bet you would soon change your tune!

People are just way too
    People are just way too flippant sometimes. They might say they would "rather die" than live with a colostomy, take 100 pills a day, lose a leg, eyesight, etc but when push comes to shove, they sing a different tune.

My girlfriend told me that her mother stopped taking her blood thinning meds because they made her hair fall out. Her doctor asked, "Would you rather be dead than bald?" and my friend's mom said, "Absolutely." Yeah, sure you would.
  • clamryn
    clamryn Member Posts: 508
    Options
    HA
    You are absolutely right. See if it meant her life or not. Crap.... I would be willing to eat a dead frog... if it meant I was going to live one more day.
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    insensitive and stupid
    Rant away... I have learned to stay away from these toxic type people. They can quickly sap the energy that I put into trying to stay focused on being calm and positive. Let's hope she never has to walk a mile in your Mom's shoes.
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • Mum2bellaandwilliam
    Options
    Mwee said:

insensitive and stupid
    Rant away... I have learned to stay away from these toxic type people. They can quickly sap the energy that I put into trying to stay focused on being calm and positive. Let's hope she never has to walk a mile in your Mom's shoes.
    (((HUGS))) Maria

Maria, I couldn't begin to
    Maria, I couldn't begin to imagine if she ever had to through even tiny bit of what you ladies are having to deal with, my god!
    She is always moaning that she is unwell, even mum has said imagine if she was really ill !