Freaking Doctors

sheryl912
sheryl912 Member Posts: 19
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I get so frustrated sometimes. I went out to Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa yesterday. I live 3.5 hours away, so between the hotel room the night before, food, gas, and tolls I was well over 125 dollars just to GET to this all day marathon of testing to get me started on my clinical trial.

So they call me this morning to tell me in the cat scan yesterday they see the tumor is pressing up against my ureter (the tube that goes from kidney to bladder, blocking it, and I probably need to have a stint put in. But no problem, the clinical nurse says, we can get this done and then start you on the trial the following week (your screening has to be under a certain amount of days before you begin the trial). So the urology office calls me, they have me scheduled for a *consult* on Dec 2. Which means you go in and sit there feeling useless while the doc reads your file out loud to you, asks you when your last period was (duh!), then he listens to you breathe, feels your tummy, and sends you to his receptionist who will *then* schedule you for the procedure, weeks down the road. Which means boom, no trial for me, not to mention all the extra time my cancer gets to grow and possibly spread since I'm not currently in treatment. I called back my trials nurse and she is working thru my Doctor to have him see if he can contact the urology doc directly and work something out where they can just get me in for the procedure. God I hope so. I'm so nervous about letting this monster just chomp away at my insides. If they don't do *something* my kidney will die. Lovely.

It never seems to get any easier, does it?

Comments

• Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
    It Totally sucks
    We found out about my mother's progression through a secretary that called my mother and said "there's been progression, we are taking you off your current chemo and putting you on a new one"...My mother was alone at the time...then one doctor told her she was getting PArp inhibitors, the next one said "no...let's stick with Doxil"..two months later she has mets to the liver....find another urologist. If this one can't do it soon, someone will.....what an a-hole (pardon my french)....he should have done everything to get you in...