What vibes would you get from a wimpish hug (very slight hug) from your oncologist?

Options
2»

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

The hug was one more sign
    I am not looking to change a doctor because of a hug, but like a handshake that is weak, i wonder about the lack of feeling when being hugged. What kind of person is she? To me it was one more sign about the doctor's personality or character. I decided to be fair and give her a chance.

Something is not right and I cannot identify it, so I am going to run quickly. How could I be so impressed with her and happy that she is my doctor on my first visit and then on the second visit, she was not the same person? That bothered me.

Hugs,
    Janelle

I hug most of my doctors and
    I hug most of my doctors and they hug me back or even hug me first. Usually they say, " I think you need a hug". I have been blessed with not only the best, in my opinion, doctors, but, the most compassionate and caring doctors. So, thank you God for putting me in their hands. I love them all!
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    Options
    one good thing
    At least you are able to e-mail her for communication.....but, it sounds like another doctor might be better for you. Our oncologist should be one that we trust and feel comfortable with.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    lizzie17 said:

one good thing
    At least you are able to e-mail her for communication.....but, it sounds like another doctor might be better for you. Our oncologist should be one that we trust and feel comfortable with.

check out my discussion on
    check out my discussion on Hester Hills blog re arimedex vs tamoxifen.