Options
2»

Comments

• Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    sandy1943 said:

To all, My thoughts and
    To all, My thoughts and prayers are with you all, during the holiday season. This is a very difficult time of year to go through ,when we've lost loved ones. Our memories and hurt are so much sharper at this time. Even though, I've lost a lot of my family, I have not lost my spouse. I can't even imagine the pain of losing him. I am praying for God to hold each of you close and give you comfort to face this season,
    Sandra

Holidays in Heaven
    Hello all my fellow csn members,
    We lost my dad on March 9,2010. It has been a very hard 8 months. His passing has made my mom and I more independent, more spiritual, more self confident. Dad is proud of us. We think of him daily. We try our best to be positive and think of him spending all of his holidays in heaven with all of his lost loved ones. Like my dad always said, "Until we meet again my dear." "You can not have your pop around forever, you know?" It was his time. It was all of their times. Time to move on and start a whole new chapter. Start a whole new journey. They are all so much more happy now. No pain, no suffering, no medications, NO CANCER!!! Please remember that God keeps his promises. Those of you who believe in Jesus will have life in eternity. We will! We will see them and be with them again. God just has more plans for us here on earth. Let us be messengers of God. Let us spread the word. Let us make God proud. May you all try your best to have a wonderful holiday season. We owe this to ourselves and to our families. Our lost loved ones would want it no other way. My God grant you the strength and peace throughout this difficult time. Happy Holidays to all.
    Love,
    Tina in VA
  • 3Mana
    3Mana Member Posts: 811
    Options

Dear SallyB
    I so understand what you're feeling and I'm sorry you have to journey this. I have gone through so many emotions and feelings it isn't funny. Being one with someone and then losing them is more uprooting than I ever imagined it would be. In the beginning the numbness got me through...but I'm at a stage where I feel like I am thawing out and it is all so real to me. The week of Thanksgiving is also our anniversary...I wish I could just sleep until it is all over and past...but that isn't God's plan for any of us. I am grateful for my faith...even now when I feel like God just must not hear me talking...I KNOW He does...even though things didn't go the way I wanted them to...God never left His throne and will reveal His plan for me, just as He will for you, in His time. I went to a seminar last weekend for How to Survive the Holidays through GriefShare. In January I will go to the 13 week GriefShare program. I'm learning that we need tools to journey through our loss and to give ourselve the freedom to grieve and cry whenever it hits us. The other day I was in a meeting with the leaders and doctors of our dental practice. Someone said something about the week of Thanksgiving and I burst into full out boohoos right there in the restaurant right in front of everybody!! I felt silly...but then again...it lets others know how we are really doing. Many of us put on our smiles so that we can just get through the day and others might think we are doing great. At that moment...they may stop praying for us...when in reality...we need their prayers more than anything.

Hang in there, Sally! Praying for you!!

Susie

Susie, I feel the same
    Susie,
    I feel the same way you do. We put on a happy face when we are with people and they think we're doing good. But when we're alone at home, reality hits and we know it's never going to be the same again. We now have a new life and have to adjust to it whether we want to or not. My husband of 46 years passed away in March. We had know each other since we were in 1st grade. Didn't go together till senior year, but I feel like I spent my whole adult life with him and it's so hard not to have him here. I dread the holidays and can't wait till they're over. My counselor said to set a place for him at the table, but if I did that, I wouldn't be able to eat cause I'd be crying so hard.
    They say the first year is the hardest and I hope they're right. It can't get any worse than it is right now.
    Sally, I'll also say a prayer for you. We'll all make it I know! "Carole"