Options
2»

Comments

• kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    vj1 said:

Carlene
    Wow---can't believe you allow someone that shallow to get to you---not worth the energy but easier said than done. sounds like a recent encounter I had---gave some teal toes card to my -----she said what do I want these for--I am not that old!
    can't kill her--she is in the family! Her loss not mine.
    don't let this diminish your spirit that we all love and need.

smiles
    V

Wow
    Hope your family member doesn't find out that ovarian cancer does not discriminate by age the way she seems to.

Karen
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I went wig shopping
    a few weeks ago, on my last trip to the US and could not find anything as cool as your wig Carlene. Did you say you got this one online?
    k❥
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    kayandok said:

I went wig shopping
    a few weeks ago, on my last trip to the US and could not find anything as cool as your wig Carlene. Did you say you got this one online?
    k❥

Yes, I bought the wig
    Yes, I bought the wig online. It's a mono-filament by Rene of Pairs (their "Amore" line) and the style is called "Wendy". I recommend going to a brick and mortar store to try on different brands/styles, then compare prices online. The one I bought was $325 at the wig shop and less than half that online.

All of you are VERY kind. I have late stage ovarian cancer....not exactly something I would envy, were the shoe on the other foot. Just in case, though, I made my husband promise me that if I die, he would NOT "take up" with this particular woman. I've decided that she is the type who would call him up and suggest they have dinner together, on the pretext of consoling one another. Ha!

Carlene
  • djinco
    djinco Member Posts: 87
    Options

Yes, I bought the wig
    Yes, I bought the wig online. It's a mono-filament by Rene of Pairs (their "Amore" line) and the style is called "Wendy". I recommend going to a brick and mortar store to try on different brands/styles, then compare prices online. The one I bought was $325 at the wig shop and less than half that online.

All of you are VERY kind. I have late stage ovarian cancer....not exactly something I would envy, were the shoe on the other foot. Just in case, though, I made my husband promise me that if I die, he would NOT "take up" with this particular woman. I've decided that she is the type who would call him up and suggest they have dinner together, on the pretext of consoling one another. Ha!

Carlene

Love your post.
    This uncaring woman that you speak of is no friend. Just ignore her. Your post are always refreshing so take care of yourself and know that the world has some souls that just don't get it. Take care.
  • Mum2bellaandwilliam
    Options

Yes, I bought the wig

Carlene

As you've said it!
    I was thinking that! Evil cow bag! She sounds like a very dangerous person to have around you.
    That's why I think she is jealous of you, god some women!
    X
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options

As you've said it!
    I was thinking that! Evil cow bag! She sounds like a very dangerous person to have around you.
    That's why I think she is jealous of you, god some women!
    X

She is a kind-hearted person
    She is a kind-hearted person in many ways, but she is definitely jealous of my marital status. She claims not to be interested in finding "a man", but I definitely don't believe that. I have watched her pursue a couple of men, almost to the point of stalking. Plus, she is in contact (long-distance) with a married man she had a long affair with, many years ago. They have been on at least one trip together, though she maintains there was no sex. I don't care, one way or the other. I don't judge. Since my diagnosis, however, she has been just a little too "supportive" of my husband. Aside from telling him that she suspected I was malingering (16 days in the hospital), there was an issue regarding my mother-in-law, and my "friend" remarked to my husband that I was "selfish".

Like I said in the beginning, though....maybe it's just me, and my insecurities coming to the forefront.

Carlene
  • Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
    Options

She is a kind-hearted person
    She is a kind-hearted person in many ways, but she is definitely jealous of my marital status. She claims not to be interested in finding "a man", but I definitely don't believe that. I have watched her pursue a couple of men, almost to the point of stalking. Plus, she is in contact (long-distance) with a married man she had a long affair with, many years ago. They have been on at least one trip together, though she maintains there was no sex. I don't care, one way or the other. I don't judge. Since my diagnosis, however, she has been just a little too "supportive" of my husband. Aside from telling him that she suspected I was malingering (16 days in the hospital), there was an issue regarding my mother-in-law, and my "friend" remarked to my husband that I was "selfish".

Like I said in the beginning, though....maybe it's just me, and my insecurities coming to the forefront.

Carlene

Kind Hearted?
    I never worried about you until the "kind hearted" comment...She is not kind hearted..she is petty and insecure..next time she asks about your wig, I would reply that you made it yourself from horse hair from the horse you had when you were a child that you loved; and you kept it's hair...when you got cancer you decided to make a wig so the horse could be a part of you...then go on and on about this horse and how you were devastated when it died from pneumonia after you left it out one night....if you need more, let me know and I'll make it up...but kind hearted? Even I, who has no tact, would not keep asking that question...but the story about your horse hair wig is touching...I feel the tears coming as I write this.
  • nikkers
    nikkers Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Some women
    Well I have learned so much from you ladies on how not to act with someone who either has or is in remission with cancer - its going to be a great help for me in relating and helping my niece who just had debunking surgery on Monday (28 year old with 13 month old baby) but now has an infection, is depressed and "terrified" - I would love to live closer to her to be able to help. I think you are all amazing and as I said I've learned so much. Thanks

HOWEVER, about women like your friend.... I have personal experience here and know of which I speak. You have every right to be suspicious with her history and I am sure your intuition is spot on. I have denied my intuition too many times in cases like this (yes plural - I was a slow learner!). Look, I see you as a very, warm, giving person who believes the best of people - but you seem to me to not be anyone's fool and definitely not the sort to sense things where they don't exist. If you don't mind the suggestion, I would filter this woman out of your life - tell your husband your suspicions and even if he thinks you're overreacting - you're not, believe me. You will be happier not having to deal with someone like this in your life and by association, so will your husband.

Good luck!!!