14 Months - Reving up!

Options
2»

Comments

• pattyanny
    pattyanny Member Posts: 544
    Options

Hey Patty. :) I will be
    Hey Patty. :) I will be thinking of you. I have a dentist appointment and an ENT appointment on Monday. I haven't been to the ENT in a very long time. Too long I guess. They screwed up. Anyway. I'm sure I will be poked and proded. :)

Hi my Sweet!
    Boy sweet, you sure are one busy lady! You are like the energizer bunny! :)
    I know you will do fine. I don't mind the prodding, and I have gotten used to the poking! Hee hee! Good Luck! Thanks, YOU are an inspiration to all! Love & Prayers, Patty
  • pattyanny
    Options

Thinking of you
    Hi Patty. I'm having a 14 month PET as well. Mine is Friday Nov. 19. I will be thinking of you on Monday and projecting all the good MOJO I can your way. Hope like me you have been feeling a whole lot like your old self lately. After getting laid off from work awhile ago they called me back about 6 weeks ago. Not my old office position but back outside on a survey crew. I think the layoff coupled with my treatment and then compounded by turning 50(!)I was maybe a step or two short the first couple weeks. Feeling good now though. Anyways best to you on Monday. Let us know.

Mike

Yeah - Good MOJO!
    Thanks Mike! Yep, a lot of changes going on in your life there. but it is usually for the best. I got laid off 1 year before my diagnosis. ended up taking care of my Father In Law for a year, then my Mom. Looking back, it was a blessing spending time with both of them, but at the time - not so much. Lol! Glad you are feeling good "old man"! Ha ha! Fifty is just the second act in life. You still have the third act, and probably an encore! :)
    Stay strong, and thanks for the good wishes! Patty
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Patty
    God bless and be with you Patty, you will always be in my prayers

God be with you till we all meet in his home
  • pattyanny
    Options

Best of luck with PET!
    Hoping for the best results. Also, I really like your post; I am trying to let GOD take take the wheel; but some days are harder than others. i am sorry you are going through a divorce. I guess I was so busy being depressed and jealous that I am alone and not married; i hadn't thought about the possibility of having to go through the stress of a unsupportive spouse. Big Hugs 4 U!!!!

Charles

Awww - thanks Charles. I
    Awww - thanks Charles. I have had to learn to give up the control (I thought I had ) and let God take the wheel. I realized - I never was in control in the first place! I know some days are so difficult, but I have found strength and peace by reading the book of Psalms. It has been a good start, and I still run to them in times of chaos. I have witnessed God in my life several times, which others may call a coincidence. Nah! Things happen almost on a daily basis, showing me He never lets go of us.
    I try to let go of "feelings" taking over my life, and try to walk in faith. Sometimes it really is not easy, then I run to the Psalms. I think you would enjoy and relate to them.
    I know there have been times I have cried out "Oh Lord, why have you forsaken me!"
    But He hadn't - I just "felt" that way.
    Stay strong it prayer, and He will guide your steps. Thanks for the hugs-I needed that!
    God Bless! Patty
  • pattyanny
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Patty
    God bless and be with you Patty, you will always be in my prayers

God be with you till we all meet in his home

Hi Hondo!
    Hi Hondo! Thank you for the beautiful post. You have been on my mind lately, and in my prayers strongly! I know you have been thru so much, and you still go on ministering, and being an inspiration to all the souls you touch. My prayers are with you, and I am truly blessed to know you. Thank you Hondo! I pray you shall be healed, and relieved of you pain. God bless you and your family. My prayers will not cease. Love, Patty
  • pattyanny
    Options
    mixleader said:

Next PET
    Hi, Patty. I greatly admire your spirit. I wish you the best in your upcoming test. My PET is on the 13th. I am hoping and praying that both of ours comes back clean. Keep on fighting. The only thing worse than losing is giving up.

Mixleader
    Good Thoughts!My prayers were with you today for a clean scan. I know we can beat this - we have too much to accomplish NOT too! Stay strong, and do let us know when you get your results. God bless! Patty
  • pattyanny
    Options
    Greg53 said:

Hi Patty
    Patty,

Happy to see you posting again. I'm with the others on getting with your lawyer about having the ex pay for insurance. Sending positive thoughts on getting that clean PET!

Greg

Thanks Greg!
    Thanks for the good thoughts -they are much needed as the weekend is quickly fading into Monday! Yep!I will get all I deserve, and he will get what's coming to him! Hee hee!
    Patty
  • pattyanny
    Options
    hawk711 said:

Hi Patty
    I wish you the best results for your PET scan. (NED, that's too funny, I didn't know what it meant either) I'm glad you have found help with your religion. I pray about 4-5 times a day for all the folks here on CSN, my ailing family members, and myself. I find it helpful to say prayers outloud as I think God can hear me better !!! Keep the faith, time will pass quickly and you'll be totally happy and healthy again.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts here with all of us.
    All the best.
    Steve

Hi Steve
    Thanks so much Steve for the prayers. Glad I was not the only one not knowing what NED was! And yes, I pray and read the scriptures aloud. I was told by my little old wise mentor to do so. My friend, and teacher introduced me to the scriptures, although I grew up Catholic! Go figure! I also rebuke. "Ask and you shall receive" right? Well, I am asking, as you are, every day! I now no other way but faith, otherwise I don't even want to think about it.... Thank you Steve, I really appreciate your post, and pray for your healing, and your family's.
    My 28 year old nephew had just returned from his tour in Afghanistan, and found a "pin point mole on his chest. He underwent a biopsy, surgery to remove the breast tissue, and reconstruction with the skin from his thigh. It does not show any spreading to the lymph nodes. TYJ! I know God has other plans for him. He did not get through not getting bombed, shot, captured, or maimed to come back to lose his life to melanoma. I have faith.
    God bless you! Patty
  • pattyanny
    Options
    JUDYV5 said:

Hi Patty
    It is nice to hear from you again. I agree with everyone else - talk to the lawyer and get it put in the divorce that he has to pay for the insurance.

Thanks Judy
    Oh believe me Judy, after reading these supportive responses, he IS going to pay....and pay,,, and pay! Lol! Thanks for the post and God bless! Patty
  • luv2cut1
    luv2cut1 Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Prayers for good PET today!
    Prayers are with you today as you go in for PET. We'll look forward to hearing the good news. Please keep us posted!

Myka