pat1070 Member Posts: 13
    Options
    SORRY
    Hope your feeling better by now.
  • Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
    Options
    Hi Tina
    My mother hated Doxil and now will be on another drug....this is something to talk to your doctor about...Some people handle it really well, and others it just zaps...
  • nikkers
    nikkers Member Posts: 25
    Options
    So sorry to read
    Hi Tina: you were so nice to reply to me when I wrote worried about my niece last week and I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time of it. My family were told by the consultants that chemo is nowhere near as bad as people say, but it must be that they are just trying to calm them down!
    Anyway, why I was replying is because a friend who had chemo gave me this advise to pass on to my niece: Acupuncture really helped with her being sick, in fact she was in the office about to throw up, when the acupuncturist started with the treatment which completely calmed her system and she didn't become sick at all - she continued to have acupuncture throughout her treatment with excellent results.
    Whether you try that or not, I do hope you will soon find a tolerance level with this particularly unpleasant chemo.
    Sending you all the best. Nikky
  • vj1
    vj1 Member Posts: 150
    Options
    nikkers said:

So sorry to read
    Hi Tina: you were so nice to reply to me when I wrote worried about my niece last week and I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time of it. My family were told by the consultants that chemo is nowhere near as bad as people say, but it must be that they are just trying to calm them down!
    Anyway, why I was replying is because a friend who had chemo gave me this advise to pass on to my niece: Acupuncture really helped with her being sick, in fact she was in the office about to throw up, when the acupuncturist started with the treatment which completely calmed her system and she didn't become sick at all - she continued to have acupuncture throughout her treatment with excellent results.
    Whether you try that or not, I do hope you will soon find a tolerance level with this particularly unpleasant chemo.
    Sending you all the best. Nikky

Tina
    Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. I have not personally experienced doxil, but definitely take the pre meds. Sending you my prayers and support!

V
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    vj1 said:

Tina
    Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. I have not personally experienced doxil, but definitely take the pre meds. Sending you my prayers and support!

V

Up date
    Thank you so much for all of your kind wishes. I appreciate them so much - it means alot to me that you have all got me in your thoughts.

I phoned the chemo nurse earlier today and she got the doctor to prescribe somm stronger anti-sickness meds. I took them straight away and after only 1 hour I could feel the difference. I wasn't given very good advise when I had my Caelyx infusion and didn't realise that I need to take these meds all the time even if I don't feel sick.

So I am going to take them all the time as I certainly do not want to feel like that again. Now they have my anti-sick meds sorted I guess I'll be OK for the next infusion as I was worried I would get worse and worse after each infusion.

Lots of love to all my friends Tina xx
  • froggy1
    froggy1 Member Posts: 205
    Options

Up date
    Thank you so much for all of your kind wishes. I appreciate them so much - it means alot to me that you have all got me in your thoughts.

I phoned the chemo nurse earlier today and she got the doctor to prescribe somm stronger anti-sickness meds. I took them straight away and after only 1 hour I could feel the difference. I wasn't given very good advise when I had my Caelyx infusion and didn't realise that I need to take these meds all the time even if I don't feel sick.

So I am going to take them all the time as I certainly do not want to feel like that again. Now they have my anti-sick meds sorted I guess I'll be OK for the next infusion as I was worried I would get worse and worse after each infusion.

Lots of love to all my friends Tina xx

Meds
    Hi Tina,
    I think I started Doxil around the same time. I have had one infusion, but getting carbo too. Before I started, I was given three anti-nausea meds, Zofran, Compozine, Ativan and the option to get a Sancuso patch. They know my nausea history well! LOL
    You don't take all at once, but can build on them, if one doesn't work. I had to resort to the patch last time I was on carbo-taxol. You put it on the day before.
    This time I used the Compozine the most. The Ativan knocks you out.
    'Hope you're feeling better. I'm not having the other Doxil side effects yet, but waiting for the other shoe to drop! I have only had one infusion so far.. 'Feeling kind of fatigued, but not bad.
    Take care, Luv, Ginny