my scan results

13»

Comments

• sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
    I am so happy to hear it!
    Lisa,

I am so happy that you are getting in to see him sooner than expected. I think that is fabulous news!!! I am praying so hard that you get in on the trial and this treatment kicks cancer's bootie. I am sorry that it has to be on your daughter's b-day, but hopefully you will both have something to celebrate that evening. I think it will be a great day...

Hugs,
    Sara
  • newperson
    newperson Member Posts: 76
    lisa42 said:

got an appt w/ Dr. Lenz
    Thanks, all, again.:)
    I just called USC/Norris Cancer Center and was able to set up an appt. to see Dr. Lenz on Nov. 22nd. I'm glad I was able to get an appt so soon. We'll see what comes of it- I'm a little scared of Dr. Lenz (I saw him in Feb), but he's the brilliant researcher w/ the latest & so I want to go.
    As excited as I am about going and seeing if I even have a chance of getting in this cancer stem cell drug clinical trial, the timing of the appt date isn't the best for me on that day. It's my 14 yr old daughter's 15th birthday & she'll be off school that week and was looking forward to doing something fun together on her birthday. Now I'll be gone all day, which will be sure to put her already bad attitude even worse (much of her attitude comes from hearing and worrying about my cancer & now something related to my cancer is going to ruin her birthday), but I've gotta do what I've gotta do! (it was the first available appt & I would have had to wait till the end of the month if I didn't take that day). Oh well, wish me luck (actually, prayers preferred over just luck wishing, lol!)

Sending best wishes and good vibes to you
    Sending best wishes and good vibes to you. - Lucy