Options
2»

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    carkris said:

Oh yeah I little too much
    Oh yeah I little too much retail therapy for sure. I lost alot of weight, I started advocating for myself, I started thinking I was important. and yes if you gotta have cancer you might as well play the card.

My skin looked
    FABULOUS!!!!
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Some small things
    I'm halfway through my chemo treatments (then the 33 radiation treatments will start).
    So far I've found some good things...
    1) My showers are much quicker (shampooing my remaining 1/4 inch hair takes no time).
    2) Don't need to shave
    3) No facial hair!!! (a biggie since menopause)
    4) When I feel good (a week after treatment) I really appreciate it.
    5) I have a better perspective on life--not sweating the small stuff as much.
    6) I know that since my husband of 8 months can stick by me now--I've got a Keeper!!
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    silver lining a bit off subject
    I Have U.C. *Uncertive colitis for 18 yrs.-while going through radiation ONLY-my colitis was at it's WORST of worst. SHortly after starting my tamoxifen -shortly after my colits is almost non existant! MY ONCOLOGIST TOLD ME THAT WAS MY SILVER LINING (EXACT WORDS)
  • disneyfan2008
    Options
    VickiSam said:

.. Okay .. let me think, "Afer Chemo" plus
    1) Saved tons of $$$ on coloring my hair, not to mention the money I saved on hair cuts

2) Found out first handed ... what the term "empathy" really means

3) Life is precious

4) I learn to find the 'joy' in every day, Good and Bad

5) You can count your 'true' friends on 1 hand

6) I can 'now' accomplish anything I set my mind on (with the exception of sewing)

7) My husband is a angel - someone I often took for granted

8) Most importantly .. 'if it doesn't get done today, there's always tomorrow or the next day' .. believe me - I am OCD about a clean home ..

9) Lastly, enjoy the simple things in life - a good book,my dog's, gardening - walking on a cool morning .. I now cherish and appreciate all things .. I no longer find it necessary to purchase the newest 'Louis Vuitton' handbag. I find happiness with what I have in my life - which includes .. Husband, Kids, Friends, stuff .. and Football. Above all I give thanks to my Heavenly Father, every day and night!

Strength and Happiness,

Vicki Sam

so nice to hear
    Husband is an Angel!!!!!!!!!!!
  • disneyfan2008
    Options

lots of nice nicepeople to
    lots of nice nicepeople to chat with/time of work with no grief from boss/coworkers :)

boss/ co workers-
    you are ever so lucky..so nice to hear some places are human and caring...
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options
    No BO, that's right I have

No BO, that's right I have no body odour. It disappeared during chemo and two and a half months after chemo I still have no BO. I haven't used deodrant for months now.

No hair means no hair anywhere! No need to shave armpits or legs. The hair is growing back on my body but for some reason my armpits are still silky soft and hair free.

I got to make time for 'me' something I wasn't able to allow myself to do before. Now my friends and family are used to my 'me' time that they now support me for it. Intially there was resentment from some family members.

In many ways chemo softened me and reinforced and strengthened me spiritually.

Take it one step at a time, one day at a time, one moment at a time. That is all we have, this moment and for me, it made chemo bearable.

I wish you well on your journey!
  • ShirleyCurls
    ShirleyCurls Member Posts: 51
    Options
    Curly hair - hence my screen
    Curly hair - hence my screen name

and dare I whisper

Free Brazilian!!!