I was shocked to learn....

Options

Comments

• Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

Gloat on
    The long timers are an inspiration. I feel if they can do it then darn it so WILL I!!!!

Crazy thought! Who ever said
    Crazy thought! Who ever said such a thing. We need gloaters it gives us all hope! Just kidding, gloating is not a very nice word.
    But Gloat on!!!!!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

Crazy thought! Who ever said
    Crazy thought! Who ever said such a thing. We need gloaters it gives us all hope! Just kidding, gloating is not a very nice word.
    But Gloat on!!!!!

Some people are just plain ignorant!
    My girlfriend in Orange Co.,CA who is a mammo tech told me about a woman she did yesterday--75 years old--was diagnosed 25 years ago at age 50 with Stage IV breast cancer. She's still alive and doing very well. That story totally made my day! She told my girlfriend to tell me to hang in there and that I would be just fine. I was smiling by the end of our conversation!

Hugs, Renee
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    WTF????????????!!!!
    That's all. Just WTF!!!

CR
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    chenheart said:

Bring It On!!!!!!!
    I wish all of us the opportunity to join a Long-Time Survivors board! I think there should be a yearly or perhaps monthly King and Queen of Gloat~ sorta like Homecoming Royalty! There should be honorable mention gloaters! Gloat Awards should abound! Bring on the competition! I want ALL of us to try and out-do the other on longevity coupled with quality of life!

Any questions?????? Didn't think so! LOL ( as my Reggie wouold say, Chen has her grrrrr on today!)

You crack me up!!! LOL

You crack me up!!! LOL
  • phoenixrising
    Options
    KathiM said:

OK then....thought so....
    Thanks for making it clear, my dear Chen.....ROFLMAO!!!

Hugs, Kathi

(Should I tell her I feel like saluting and saying "Yes, Ma'am!")

You can tell her a number of
    You can tell her a number of things, but "yes, Ma'am" wouldn't be my first choice LOL
  • phoenixrising
    Options
    That's just plain crazy!
    That's just plain crazy! We/I need to hear from my heroes who have stared cancer down not just once but twice and three times and are still here doing fine. A little rough around the edges and missing a few parts but still rocking! You rock Kathi!
    jan
  • QuiltingMama123
    QuiltingMama123 Member Posts: 124
    Options
    Only Happy Cancer Stories
    I agree with everyone here. I was at a family wedding shortly after being diagnosed and everyone I talked to - friends, neighbors, strangers - felt the need to share their cancer stories and most of them had awful endings. By half way through the reception, I was stopping people as soon as they started their story and saying I didn't want to hear it if it wasn't a happy ending. They were scaring me shitless. Bring on the "gloating"! I WANT to hear of everyone who has slain the beast!
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Without all of you, where would I be?
    Scared sh*tl*$$, that's where.

Sue
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    There is no such thing as "gloating" amongst ANY
    one of us who have suffered tremendous physical, mental and emotional pain and to some degree, still do even after years of being free of cancer. Living with the ramifications of a body eraticated with high levels of toxic drugs which causes pain everyday simply CANNOT gloat. That's impossible and I refuse to believe anyone would think such a thing.

I personally, would like to think they meant to say the word "Grateful."

God's blessings to us all,

Sylvia
  • shelbyhome
    shelbyhome Member Posts: 145
    Options
    Thank God for the GLOATERS
    Thank God for the GLOATERS on this board it is what keeps me going somedays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Thank God for the GLOATERS
    Thank God for the GLOATERS on this board it is what keeps me going somedays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I prefer relish to gloat...
    especially on all beef wieners....

But, now that I am watching my diet so that I can be the 87 year old survivor I met a few weeks back that had her bout before I was even born *COUGH* 54 years ago. That was before chemotherapy and before radiation therapy and before hormone therapy.

Even my cynical 15 year old daughter loved the old girl! That's the 87 year old survivor, not my missing right breast.

I was both equally delighted and enchanted by the encouraging tale of this woman.

Gloat 'em if you got 'em.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

Thank God for the GLOATERS

Well, I thought that I had
    Well, I thought that I had heard almost everything about cancer but a long time survivor is gloating is one for the books. Inspiring, encouraging, hope giving, grateful, caring and many other positive thoughts leap into my mind. I can only repeat what one of the others said so well WTF. Don't we all want to hear the joys of long term survival. It's what gives hope to each of us. I want every year to hear about just one person who has survived longer than me and the longer they have survived than me the better.
    Kathi, you are one of the examples that give hope to so many. Two diagnoses in such a short time and the first was so dire and yet here you are celebrating years as a survivor. I love these stories. Keep them coming. Bring me the person who is 40 years out and cancer free so that I can see her gratitude at just how sweet life can be.
    Stef
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I want everyone to be a
    I want everyone to be a survivor and I want to hear their story over and over. Whoever said that is in idiot! And I am a longtermer too and share my story freely, so I guess I am a fellow gloater. But after my turkey gumbo tonight (yes I did make it from that turkey I roasted last week), I think I am more accurately described as a bloater. Maybe a gloater and a bloater??
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    I am thankful
    to all of the long term suvivors who "gloated" and shared their stories and advice. I know my journey would have been more difficult without them. Keep up the good work.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Good grief!
    Don't know "where" that came from, Kathi - and, truly, don't want to.

Shame, shame, shame on whomever/whatever. Sheesh... Just when I begin to beleve people can't possibly be more ignorant - and mean-spirited, something like this pops up here on the board.

Sending hugs backatcha...

Kind regards, Susan
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    SAY WHAT?
    Oh my now that is craziness! I hope each and everyone of us have the opportunity to GLOAT till we turn blue in the face! I recall how tough it is to be in treatment for nearly two years and how hard we battle to stay here, to share the sweet success of survivorship to encourage others is an honor and I intend to GLOAT till I take my last breath!

I'm with you on this one for sure!

RE
  • ruthielaine
    ruthielaine Member Posts: 59
    Options
    survivor stories
    These stories have been so helpful to me in times of self doubt and depression - when I'm feeling down I can sit for an hour and just read these stories and feel so uplifted afterward. PLEASE PLEASE don't stop sharing your stories - they are so very helpful.
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    Gloating?
    LONG TIME SURVIVORS ARE MY HEROS! Did everyone hear me?
  • Stace_aka_Pollyanna
    Options
    elm3544 said:

Gloating?
    LONG TIME SURVIVORS ARE MY HEROS! Did everyone hear me?

Take your pick long-timers... you most certainly have earned it!! As will the rest of us sisters!!

Blessings and hugs,
    Stace
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Keep the inspiration coming.
    Keep the inspiration coming. It is a holy thing. xoxoxox Lynn