4th round all done...

allmost60
allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
Hi guys,
4th round went fine...no problems, but still took 6 hours at the clinic. My doctor would not adjust the pred..boo hoo! He said I could take benedryl to slow it down, so maybe I will try that when it gets crazy for me. Round 5 will be 2 days before Thanksgiving. Anyways...I feel a little tired from all of the pre-meds, but they will wear off soon and I'll be "wired" again!!!...ha! Thanks for asking guys...it always feels good to know people are thinking of you. Now we need to hear how Liz's treatment went today...she went in with a cold. Oh...I asked about the flu shot and he said I could get it in 2 weeks, so I'm happy about that! Well...I'm going to prop up in my comfy chair and watch all of the election returns. Take care everyone and I hope for all having treatment or testing this week, that everything goes good! Love to all...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/100

Comments

  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    ROUND #4
    I KNEW YOU'D BE OKAY. THINKING ABOUT YOU AND THE REST OF THE GANG HAVING TREATMENTS TODAY. JOHN (FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • tcvine
    tcvine Member Posts: 174
    4th round
    Hi Sue,

    Glad to hear that all went well.

    Relax and have a good night.

    Tom (DLBCL-4-7/10)
  • britta
    britta Member Posts: 107
    Almost done!
    Sue,

    Glad you are through the 4th round, only two left! You will be finished and in remission by Christmas - what a gift. Look at it this way, at least the "P" will keep you energized and your Christmas shopping will be a breeze.

    Darlene
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    Glad to hear
    Hi Sue,
    Glad to hear all went well with #4. Sorry about the Pred, do give the benadryl a try when and if things get jiggy for you. I have been fighting a cold the last few days. Still trying to do everything I can for MIL. Mostly feeling very tired. what else is new LOL..
    Had some blood work today and watched the SF Giants Parade on tv. Trying to keep my mind busy.
    Thinking of you
    Lisha
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    ROUND #4
    Sue,
    I been following your rounds and noticed they are so much like mine.The only difference is the prednisone only made me hungry and had me up all night. It didn't make me goofy or anything. Then again I am already goofy and maybe didn't notice. I really felt pretty good after round #3 with just a little more tiredness noticeable. Round #4 really started doing me in. I couldn't get my get and go back too easily. The day I went in for round#5 I was still kinda tired. My butt was dragging across the finish line at round #6. I hope you don't follow that same route, but if you do it is normal. Our body can only take so much and then the chemo starts to bring us down. It is building up in our body faster than we can fight it off. My blood counts(RBC'S) stayed pretty high all thru, but did start to drop towards the last round. I was borderline anemic. So used to having high counts it really wore me out at the borderline mark. John (FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    COBRA666 said:

    ROUND #4
    Sue,
    I been following your rounds and noticed they are so much like mine.The only difference is the prednisone only made me hungry and had me up all night. It didn't make me goofy or anything. Then again I am already goofy and maybe didn't notice. I really felt pretty good after round #3 with just a little more tiredness noticeable. Round #4 really started doing me in. I couldn't get my get and go back too easily. The day I went in for round#5 I was still kinda tired. My butt was dragging across the finish line at round #6. I hope you don't follow that same route, but if you do it is normal. Our body can only take so much and then the chemo starts to bring us down. It is building up in our body faster than we can fight it off. My blood counts(RBC'S) stayed pretty high all thru, but did start to drop towards the last round. I was borderline anemic. So used to having high counts it really wore me out at the borderline mark. John (FNHL-1-4A-5/10)

    Rounds..
    Hi John,
    After reading your post I got my Tuesday labs out... here's a look see for you...
    R-3 WBC was 3.8L R-4 was 5.3 reference range is 4.0-11.0 (up-good?)
    R-3 RBC was 4.76 R-4 was 4.49 reference range is 3.50-5.50 (down a little-bad?)
    R-3 Platelet 282 R-4 was 270 reference range is 150-450 (down a little-bad?)
    R-3 Neutrophil 22.6L R-4 was 40.2 reference range is 40.0-80.0 (up-good?)
    R-3 Neutro Auto 0.80L R-4 was 2.10 reference range is 2.00-8.00 (up-good?)
    My chemo nurse said these are the counts they really look hard at when deciding to do or not do a treatment. My doctor said he was happy with this lab report and sent me back for my 4th round...What do you think? Anyways...2 more days of the pred and I'll be back to normal...(whatever that will be). Was up until 3:30 last night, slept 3 hours and been up for the day...ALL DAY! Night before up until 4:00 slept 4 hours...I have a feeling I will probably come down hard on Sunday because I'm not getting the morning sleep I got with the first 3 rounds. Definetely could use some ZZZZ's for longer than a couple of hours. Not to mention the friggin hot flashes going off every half hour. Dude...I'm a mess..hahaha...but I'm still happy. Pred is a strange med indeed for me! Sue...(FNHL-2-3A-6/10) flashin out!
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    BLOOD COUNTS
    Sue,
    Just got up to go to little boys room. Thats what happens when you get older. The bladder gets weak. A lot of times I get on here and check for any new posts and go back to bed. I have all my reports in the closet and will get them out as soon as I get back up. From what I can remember,which isn't a whole lot,my counts were in the same range only the whites were a little higher due to the shots. My rbc's didn't really drop til after my 4th round,just before the 5th when I got my blood work. Thats why I was dragging so bad. All the energy depends on those RBC's I will get back with the exact numbers later. Then we can compare. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    allmost60 said:

    Rounds..
    Hi John,
    After reading your post I got my Tuesday labs out... here's a look see for you...
    R-3 WBC was 3.8L R-4 was 5.3 reference range is 4.0-11.0 (up-good?)
    R-3 RBC was 4.76 R-4 was 4.49 reference range is 3.50-5.50 (down a little-bad?)
    R-3 Platelet 282 R-4 was 270 reference range is 150-450 (down a little-bad?)
    R-3 Neutrophil 22.6L R-4 was 40.2 reference range is 40.0-80.0 (up-good?)
    R-3 Neutro Auto 0.80L R-4 was 2.10 reference range is 2.00-8.00 (up-good?)
    My chemo nurse said these are the counts they really look hard at when deciding to do or not do a treatment. My doctor said he was happy with this lab report and sent me back for my 4th round...What do you think? Anyways...2 more days of the pred and I'll be back to normal...(whatever that will be). Was up until 3:30 last night, slept 3 hours and been up for the day...ALL DAY! Night before up until 4:00 slept 4 hours...I have a feeling I will probably come down hard on Sunday because I'm not getting the morning sleep I got with the first 3 rounds. Definetely could use some ZZZZ's for longer than a couple of hours. Not to mention the friggin hot flashes going off every half hour. Dude...I'm a mess..hahaha...but I'm still happy. Pred is a strange med indeed for me! Sue...(FNHL-2-3A-6/10) flashin out!

    Blood work
    Sue,
    Had a heck of a time getting back on here after I wrote to Andrea. Don't know what happened.
    before rd #1:
    RBC 7.57
    WBC 11.22
    PLATELETS 424

    BEFORE RD #3
    RBC 5.68
    WBC 10.24
    PLATELETS 258

    BEFORE RD #5
    RBC 3.23 (close to anemia)
    WBC 10.02
    PLATELETS 233

    BEFORE RD #6
    RBC 3.02 (closer to anemia)
    WBC 10.34
    PLATELETS 231
    My rbc's were cut more than half at the finish line. Did not have blood test after round #6 but it dropped even more. I could tell by the low energy level. The white cells stayed up due to the shot. Enery is a lot better now, but still not 100%. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    COBRA666 said:

    Blood work
    Sue,
    Had a heck of a time getting back on here after I wrote to Andrea. Don't know what happened.
    before rd #1:
    RBC 7.57
    WBC 11.22
    PLATELETS 424

    BEFORE RD #3
    RBC 5.68
    WBC 10.24
    PLATELETS 258

    BEFORE RD #5
    RBC 3.23 (close to anemia)
    WBC 10.02
    PLATELETS 233

    BEFORE RD #6
    RBC 3.02 (closer to anemia)
    WBC 10.34
    PLATELETS 231
    My rbc's were cut more than half at the finish line. Did not have blood test after round #6 but it dropped even more. I could tell by the low energy level. The white cells stayed up due to the shot. Enery is a lot better now, but still not 100%. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)

    Thanks John
    Hi John,
    I appreciate you comparing and sharing your blood counts to mine. So many factors figure in on our blood counts and they can change from day to day. I was told by the chemo nurse that our counts can be low and we could be feeling great. I try to apply common sense thinking, but when she tells me stuff like this then my way of thinking goes right out the window. Common sense tells me if my blood counts are low I would feel tired or run down, "not" feeling great...so...go figure. Sorry to bug you about the counts, and didn't expect you to drag all of your paper work out...you are in the time period where you don't have to check on paper work, and here I am talking about your blood counts...(it's the pred)..ha!Hope you have a great weekend. Steve's mom is coming to town on Sunday and will be staying here with us until next Wednesday. She's 85, healthy,active and fun as heck, so I'm looking forward to it. Thanks again...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    allmost60 said:

    Thanks John
    Hi John,
    I appreciate you comparing and sharing your blood counts to mine. So many factors figure in on our blood counts and they can change from day to day. I was told by the chemo nurse that our counts can be low and we could be feeling great. I try to apply common sense thinking, but when she tells me stuff like this then my way of thinking goes right out the window. Common sense tells me if my blood counts are low I would feel tired or run down, "not" feeling great...so...go figure. Sorry to bug you about the counts, and didn't expect you to drag all of your paper work out...you are in the time period where you don't have to check on paper work, and here I am talking about your blood counts...(it's the pred)..ha!Hope you have a great weekend. Steve's mom is coming to town on Sunday and will be staying here with us until next Wednesday. She's 85, healthy,active and fun as heck, so I'm looking forward to it. Thanks again...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

    GLAD TO DO IT
    Sue,
    I was glad to drag it out and compare the lab work. I would have written sooner but when I tried to get on the site it just kept stalling. Been like that all day since this morning for some reason. I posted a couple of things and thats when it wouldn't let me back on again. Computer are nice,but can be a pain sometimes. It will probably be fine tomorrow. My mother is 84 and quick as a whip most of the time with comebacks. She will be 85 in Feb. Have a good weekend. John (FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    COBRA666 said:

    GLAD TO DO IT
    Sue,
    I was glad to drag it out and compare the lab work. I would have written sooner but when I tried to get on the site it just kept stalling. Been like that all day since this morning for some reason. I posted a couple of things and thats when it wouldn't let me back on again. Computer are nice,but can be a pain sometimes. It will probably be fine tomorrow. My mother is 84 and quick as a whip most of the time with comebacks. She will be 85 in Feb. Have a good weekend. John (FNHL-1-4A-5/10)

    It wasn't just your computer..
    My computer was doing the same thing today when I tried to access the site...so maybe it was with CSN. I couldn't pull it up from my favorites...had to type it in a search engine. Yes...computers are like cats...totally have a mind of their own! Sue
  • cookingirl
    cookingirl Member Posts: 183
    allmost60 said:

    Rounds..
    Hi John,
    After reading your post I got my Tuesday labs out... here's a look see for you...
    R-3 WBC was 3.8L R-4 was 5.3 reference range is 4.0-11.0 (up-good?)
    R-3 RBC was 4.76 R-4 was 4.49 reference range is 3.50-5.50 (down a little-bad?)
    R-3 Platelet 282 R-4 was 270 reference range is 150-450 (down a little-bad?)
    R-3 Neutrophil 22.6L R-4 was 40.2 reference range is 40.0-80.0 (up-good?)
    R-3 Neutro Auto 0.80L R-4 was 2.10 reference range is 2.00-8.00 (up-good?)
    My chemo nurse said these are the counts they really look hard at when deciding to do or not do a treatment. My doctor said he was happy with this lab report and sent me back for my 4th round...What do you think? Anyways...2 more days of the pred and I'll be back to normal...(whatever that will be). Was up until 3:30 last night, slept 3 hours and been up for the day...ALL DAY! Night before up until 4:00 slept 4 hours...I have a feeling I will probably come down hard on Sunday because I'm not getting the morning sleep I got with the first 3 rounds. Definetely could use some ZZZZ's for longer than a couple of hours. Not to mention the friggin hot flashes going off every half hour. Dude...I'm a mess..hahaha...but I'm still happy. Pred is a strange med indeed for me! Sue...(FNHL-2-3A-6/10) flashin out!

    4th round all done
    Hi Sue - since you mention not sleeping with Prednisone (I did 6 treatments of CVP-R from June - Sept.), I wondered if you've asked your Oncologist for a sleeping pill to get through the week of Prednisone each time? I was on 100 mg. per day those 5 days, and my Dr. gave me 30 mg. of Temazepam (Restoril) for sleeping and I managed to get around 6 or 7 hours of sleep per night with it. I've never been a good sleeper and had been on Ambien for several years, but it wasn't strong enough to cope with Prednisone. The other sure helped - maybe you could ask? Glad you only have 2 left - Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa is trying to decide what to do with me now since I was Refactory to my first Chemo. They say I'm a "complicated" patient! Good luck and hope you get 100% remission - Fran
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178

    4th round all done
    Hi Sue - since you mention not sleeping with Prednisone (I did 6 treatments of CVP-R from June - Sept.), I wondered if you've asked your Oncologist for a sleeping pill to get through the week of Prednisone each time? I was on 100 mg. per day those 5 days, and my Dr. gave me 30 mg. of Temazepam (Restoril) for sleeping and I managed to get around 6 or 7 hours of sleep per night with it. I've never been a good sleeper and had been on Ambien for several years, but it wasn't strong enough to cope with Prednisone. The other sure helped - maybe you could ask? Glad you only have 2 left - Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa is trying to decide what to do with me now since I was Refactory to my first Chemo. They say I'm a "complicated" patient! Good luck and hope you get 100% remission - Fran

    Take Xanax
    Hi Fran,
    I take a low dose of Xanax (0.5mg) an hour before bedtime, but it doesn't work during the pred week. I told my doctor this on Tuesday and he said to increrase the dose by 1/2 pill but to stagger the dose about an hour apart. I tried that last night...didn't help...I was still up until after 4:00 and then when I did fall asleep it only lasted until 7:00 a.m and then I was wide awake again and been awake all day. I've tried the Benedryl also and it didn't help either. I'll ask him about the Tamazepam, and see what he says. Tomorrow is my last dose until next round on the 23rd, so I'm just "grinning and bearing it", like Vinny says he's doing...ha! I hope they figure out what they need to do with you being refractory..(disease is not responding to treatment)right? Please keep us up-dated Fran and thanks for your response. Keeping positive and good thoughts for you...
    Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)