My letter to Breast Cancer

natly15
natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Breast Cancer,

You pulled the rug from under me, but you didn't make me fall. I became proactive, got my balance, stood up straight, and along with my cancer team, declared war on you. We all fought like true warriors and I will continue to fight until you are eradicated from the face of this earth. You will never steal my spirit or my soul.

Natly 15

(Moffitt cancer center which treated me, asked patients to write a letter to cancer and posted them on their website.)

Comments

• ccincin
    ccincin Member Posts: 82
    ahhhh
    That's great! I've thought about doing something like that or keeping a journal of this wild ride. Good luck to you!
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    letter
    that is a good idea..!!!...I first dealt with it by writing

Haiku.....your letter is good.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Natly
    I started to writing in a journal when dx with bc. I'm going to write in it tonight as I had my 5th chemo treatment today. I'm hoping with all my heart that my granddaughter's generation does not have to deal with bc. Let's make every effort to see that it gets eradicated!
    Char
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Natly
    I started to writing in a journal when dx with bc. I'm going to write in it tonight as I had my 5th chemo treatment today. I'm hoping with all my heart that my granddaughter's generation does not have to deal with bc. Let's make every effort to see that it gets eradicated!
    Char

Natly ..
    You will never steal my spirit or my soul .. Wow, that hits home for me.

Thank you for sharing your personal letter with us, gals!

Vicki Sam
  • Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    Bravo
    Very well said...eloquent, as always!!!
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Awesome letter Natly...i
    Awesome letter Natly...i believe that hits home for most of us!
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Poetic and powerful!

Poetic and powerful!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Poetic and powerful!

Poetic and powerful!

Love your letter Natly. I
    Love your letter Natly. I always felt that cancer can't take from you what you don't let it, meaning a full, happy and healthy life!

Hugs, Jan