Retreat - Lakota Sweat Lodge

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
This last weekend I went to a Women's Retreat that had the option of starting it with a Lakota Sweat Lodge. I cannot think of any more SPIRITUAL experience ever. It is not about a particular "religion" but rather about connecting with yourself and your 'Higher Power'.

Retreat was good - in most ways. The overall was good for "me, myself and I" and I am so glad I did it! The 'problems' had to do with others issues of a BC Survior being there - some/many choose to ignore me once they knew - one @#$%T actually came up when a couple of us were talking about something that was just 'general' and went off about that she had a lumphectomy 17 years ago and it was 'nothing'.

There is so much more that I'd like to say but it would just be a RANT which will serve no purpose - I had a great weekend and that is what matters to me. (My pink witch with wand didn't go over good - I may or may not tell that story later.)

Over all - fantastic weekend!

Susan

Comments

• Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Just relax
    Sounds like you had a great relaxing time just for yourself, minus problem people. A weekend away from home just to relax with the girls is something we all should take time out to do for ourselves.

Kathryn
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Of course you know that
    Of course you know that Reggie and I are not at all surprised ~ and we are so happy that the sweat was the spiritual high of your retreat!!! As intended and as it should have been.

As for the other "stuff" that would send you into a rant~ well, filter out and savor the good you received and as far as possible, leave the unpleasant at your doorstep, never to be invited in the house.

Pink wand~ you know WE loved the idea!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    chenheart said:

Of course you know that
    Of course you know that Reggie and I are not at all surprised ~ and we are so happy that the sweat was the spiritual high of your retreat!!! As intended and as it should have been.

As for the other "stuff" that would send you into a rant~ well, filter out and savor the good you received and as far as possible, leave the unpleasant at your doorstep, never to be invited in the house.

Pink wand~ you know WE loved the idea!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I hadn't thought about it
    I hadn't thought about it quite that way - but the Sweat Lodge was definately the best start for the Retreat for me in that it gave me the 'power' to deal with the negative issues and let me gain what I could from the Retreat. Thank you for putting it into words as it was/is.

Susan
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Rague said:

I hadn't thought about it
    I hadn't thought about it quite that way - but the Sweat Lodge was definately the best start for the Retreat for me in that it gave me the 'power' to deal with the negative issues and let me gain what I could from the Retreat. Thank you for putting it into words as it was/is.

Susan

bumping up ... on a mission here
    will repond later ... This sounds so wonderful ...

Vicki Sam
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    I think that it is great
    I think that it is great that you had the good me, myself and I experience. That is what you will take away from this. Unfortunately there are always people who react negatively to cancers. And the reaction to the costume, well that is their problem. We here appreciate the pink cancer fighting witch. I agree with Chen and the others, take away only the good that you received from this experience and toss out the rest. And like you said overall it was a fantastic weekend and that's what's important.
    Stef