Options
2»

Comments

• jendrey
    jendrey Member Posts: 377
    Options
    Laura1973 said:

I'm gonna flash 'em
    I'm flying on 11/24 and have been worried about what will happen if (on the off chance) my tissue expanders set off the alarm and require further "screening." Since I'm not willing to risk the X-ray exposure, I'll have to subject myself to the pat down. After worrying about how to handle it (would I request a private room, would I want a supervisor there, etc.) I've come up with a new plan. Instead of wasting time and energy freaking out about getting "felt up," I've decided that I'm just gonna lift my shirt and flash them the scars. Who knows, maybe it will raise breast cancer awareness and/or the issue of what is (IMHO) a security policy that goes to far.

me too!!!
    LOL - good for you Laura! That should get get them to STFU or at least once they close their gaping mouths it can give 'em a moment to think about what they are going to say!
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    KathiM said:

I agree....NO scans!!!
    I was subjected to a rather 'intense' pat down years ago in the airport in Amsterdam.

The woman was trying to get my goat, I figured, because of my American passport. So, without skipping a beat, I said "Could you put your findings in writing, please?" She, startled, ask why..."Because I will take them to my doctor, this qualifies, I'm sure, as my yearly breast exam!"

Luckily I was not thrown in jail (could have been)! BUT I ALWAYS mention this incident to the person doing the pat-down...I get better treatment....

I have 20-year-old implants...no one ever mentions why I get patted so often, thanks for the info! (Next time I may say something like "So, don't they look natural?"

This from the airport that let the man who set his underwear on fire thru....sigh...

Hugs, Kathi

I'm laughing so hard...that
    I'm laughing so hard...that is funny Kathi!
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Take it out and put it in
    Take it out and put it in the tray....that would be hilarious to see their faces.
  • spiper41
    spiper41 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    DianeBC said:

I hope that your treatment
    I hope that your treatment at the airport will not be upsetting to you. Just remember though, that it is being done for all of the lives on the plane.

And, you could have your oncologist write something that you could present to the airport officials stating that you had bc. I had a g/f that had a card stating that she still had the titanium marker in her.

Hugs, Diane

Airport screening has not done one thing to prevernt terrorism
    TSA screening is the one of the worst wastes of your tax payer dollars. It has not stopped one single terrorist attack and would not have stopped the 911 hijackers. We are still taking our shoes off despite the fact that screening didn't stop the shoe bomber. It makes me furious how much money is wasted on the pretext that we are keeping people safer. That is just plain baloney sold by politicians.
  • spiper41
    spiper41 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Take it out and put it in the tray....that would be hilarious to see their faces.

Put them in the tray
    I have considered that and haven't decided yet. The other option is to walk up to the scanner and say to the agent, "I have metastatic breast cancer that has spread to my lungs and liver. What do you want me to do about this?" While pulling it out of my bra. My husband will be embarrassed, but I plan to warn him ahead of time. I'm hoping he will go through first and video tape the whole thing using my iPhone.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    hmmm
    I official "new girl" card is in my wallet and this Thursday I will get my first opportunity to see if I need to present it to the scanners. I am flying to Hawaii to vaca with family so I'll let you know when I get back if they were interested in my new body parts or not!

Hugs to all,

RE
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    RE said:

hmmm
    I official "new girl" card is in my wallet and this Thursday I will get my first opportunity to see if I need to present it to the scanners. I am flying to Hawaii to vaca with family so I'll let you know when I get back if they were interested in my new body parts or not!

Hugs to all,

RE

Re, what does your new girl card say? Is it from your surgeon or onco?

And, have a great time in Hawaii!
  • missingtexas
    missingtexas Member Posts: 146
    Options
    RE said:

hmmm

Hugs to all,

RE

FYI RE, you have to give
    FYI RE, you have to give them card at beginning if security. If you try to give it after metal detector they can't "accept" it.
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options

FYI RE, you have to give
    FYI RE, you have to give them card at beginning if security. If you try to give it after metal detector they can't "accept" it.

I too
    was given a card that has the serial numbers and manufacture on it. I guess i should be thankful my surgeon thought of that.
    Laura
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    I flew
    to New Orleans in February. No problem with security. I have a prosthetic shoulder and thought it would beep as well as my foam weighted prosthetic girls and nothing happened. Have a great trip.
    Char
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

LOL @ put them in the tray!

LOL @ put them in the tray!