2»

Comments

• Lily50
    Lily50 Member Posts: 209
    Options
    liebe1 said:

week off
    Hi Lily,

I'm currently on my week off - in some ways I'm looking forward to the return to some semblance of normal but at the same time my fear is that the cancer gets a one week jump on me - a strange catch 22. I'm keeping as active as possible but I am more fatigued than before and sure do miss eating regular meals. Well, that's all for now - I'll just keep on
    this strange journey until I rid myself of all these stones in my shoes.

Hugs,

Viola

Celebrate your week off!
    Hi Viola,

Yeah! We all have lived for that one week off, no doctor visits, no IV's or ports for chemo, no shots and the list goes on! Savor the week, try to enjoy yourself, laugh a little and get ready for next week. Just when you begin to feel pretty good it is time to go back. The cancer is in a dazed and confused mode right now, so don't worry about it getting a jump on you, your body needs to rest in between so that it can fight that much harder with the next cycle. Those cancer cells are sneaky, most of us got caught not realizing the havoc that they were doing in our bodies before our diagnosis. Fatigue is one of the most commom complaints that everyone seems to have. But we have all spent our whole lives running at the fastest pace that we could that now we just have to take it a little slower.

What is it about regular meals that you are missing? Think of it as a new weight loss program. You will just have to try different things and sometimes you will find that things you didn't like before you will and everyone says that it you have a favorite food don't eat it as the chemo will change the taste of it and you will no longer like it. Make your small meals into an event and festive.

It is a strange journey but when you are walking with friends who also have stones in their shoes you can help each other.

Take Care
    Lily