Options
2»

Comments

• RushFan
    RushFan Member Posts: 224
    Options
    Pam M said:

Yay
    This is the kind of good news that never gets old. It brings joy every time. Glad you got such a favorable report. Hope you keep on recovering well. I'm seven months out, and am still sensitive to spicy foods - but can now eat mild salsa (couldn't eat catsup at first), so I'm sure you'll be able to eat more soon. There's a lot of spicy food where you live, isn't there?

Impressed, way to go!
    Jimbo, you are doing unbelievably well...good for you and yours!
    Your photo reminds me all the time how much I want to get up to Sequoia Natl. Park next year...I grew up in Visalia and I miss those mountains!

I'm with you on the spicy foods. I miss those too.

Keep on truckin' brother!

Chuck.
  • Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    Jimbo
    Great to hear. If you're like me, will only take a couple more months befoe the spicy foods come back into your life. And, uh, how many blocks are 3 miles? I usually get-in around 15 blocks a day. Course I walk, and not very far each time, but it adds-up. Wow- 3 miles! Awesome.

kcass
  • Kimba1505
    Kimba1505 Member Posts: 557
    Options
    Kent Cass said:

Jimbo
    Great to hear. If you're like me, will only take a couple more months befoe the spicy foods come back into your life. And, uh, how many blocks are 3 miles? I usually get-in around 15 blocks a day. Course I walk, and not very far each time, but it adds-up. Wow- 3 miles! Awesome.

kcass

NED is making me cry.
    I think it is relief, or some sort of release...but I am really crying...and I am at work...sh*t...got to get it together. I feel such joy when I hear of NED being a part of someone's life but in the past weeks when I read these marvelous posts I just start to cry.

Jimbo, this is a great step, and your experience with treatment and recovery sounds a lot like Mark's.
    When you wrote:
    "It's always been a nagging thought in the further reaches of my mind that things have been too easy for me through this whole process and some bad news awaits around the next corner."
    That is exactly how I feel. Mark's PET is November 9th and I never know how much I am containing my feelings until there is a NED report...and it all comes out. I should know better than to read this site at work.

Jimbo, EMBRACE this fantastic news, and if you cannot eat spice...maybe you can find another way to spice things up. ;) Live.
    Kim
  • luv2cut1
    luv2cut1 Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Kimba1505 said:

NED is making me cry.
    I think it is relief, or some sort of release...but I am really crying...and I am at work...sh*t...got to get it together. I feel such joy when I hear of NED being a part of someone's life but in the past weeks when I read these marvelous posts I just start to cry.

Jimbo, this is a great step, and your experience with treatment and recovery sounds a lot like Mark's.
    When you wrote:
    "It's always been a nagging thought in the further reaches of my mind that things have been too easy for me through this whole process and some bad news awaits around the next corner."
    That is exactly how I feel. Mark's PET is November 9th and I never know how much I am containing my feelings until there is a NED report...and it all comes out. I should know better than to read this site at work.

Jimbo, EMBRACE this fantastic news, and if you cannot eat spice...maybe you can find another way to spice things up. ;) Live.
    Kim

Kim,
    I know exactly how you

Kim,

I know exactly how you feel. Pat's PET is November 10 and I am so anxious and emotional. Good luck on Mark's scan. Can't wait to hear NED from you.

Myka
  • Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Kimba1505 said:

NED is making me cry.

When you wrote:

Kim

Thanks
    A big thank you to everyone for their good wishes.

Pam, yes to say there is a lot of spicy food here is, well, a bit of an understatement. Really limits my food choices when we go out to eat.

Chuck, I took my wife to Sequoia in February, it was her first time to experience snow (and learn about snowballs!).

Kim & Mark, you guys were my 'guiding light' so to speak, being a week or so ahead of me. Somehow I jumped the queue and am leading the way now. We're had parallel journeys so far and I'm really hoping the NED comes through for you next week.

Cheers

Jimbo