Guess who?

Options
Akiss4me
Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ahhhh....no fair, my avitar gave it away! LOL
Hi everyone!!!! Just thought I would drop in to let, those of you that know me, that I am still here and living life with cancer!!
For those of you that do not know me, even though it is hard to believe right now, there really will come a point that you will start to move forward. It takes time, but it happens so slowly that one day you just look back and realize where you've been and how far you have come and all that you have made it through!! And then you smile!
To catch everyone up to speed....
Reports have been good (doing happy dance! ) and I have actually found the power of exercise! (OMG....can't believe I just said that!! I hated exercise!)
I have been working with a personal trainer for the last 2 1/2 months and have gained an incredible amount of strength and endurance. Maurice Little was a former Chicago Bears football player that has a studio (The Next Level) here and has started a program for Breast cancer survivors. I am one of his 7 guinea pigs! (although I prefer to be a kitty cat and just lounge around!) He is planning to go national and get grants for the program. He taught me to love exercise and challange myself to go to the next level. I have challanged my boss at work (can't believe he bit!) and my husband ask if I would start working with him too! Now that's a compliment!!
All in all, things have been going well. There is just one problem....I don't have enough hours in the day to do all I wish I could and I miss our time here on the boards. I think of all of you often!!
Hope all of you are either coming out of your storm and heading towards your new normal, walking with someone if you are in the storm now, or finding comfort here if you are just about to start your journey! These boards and the friendships I made here were my saving grace!
Remember, if ever you need take a breather, ice-cream helps!!!
Hugs and hope.....Pammy

Comments

• Akiss4me
    Options
    ooh,ooh...almost forgot!!
    I got my secret sister to send my ornament to and I am soooooo excited!!! Thanks Chen♥
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    I'm still here but don't
    I'm still here but don't post as much daily. I need to stop avoiding exercise. Glad things are working out for you.

P.S. My son#2 just got his computer science degree and starts a new job in a week! Whoopee!
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
    Pammy,

Great to hear from you........sounds like life is good......Fantastic! Hoping some of your exercise enthusiasim will rub off........IT does take time to find our new normal, but like the rest of this journey, it takes time...
    Continued good health...
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    PAMMY!!!!! :-)
    (> " " <) (> " " <) (> " " <)
    ( ='o'= ) ( ='o'= ) ( ='o'= )
    -(,,)-(,,)- -(,,)-(,,)--(,,)-(,,)-....

Hello there, my goodness you are a busy girl (I think you are secretly exercising so you can eat more ice cream!) good for you it sounds like things are going well and I am so very happy to hear it! Things are well in my camp too, I am not three years out from my last cancer battle and my markers are getting lower YEAH! Keep popping in Pammy you are a real Warrior in Pink!

(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
    *`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥
    ☆ º ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥RE
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    It is great to see you hugs
    It is great to see you hugs and love to u
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    its great to hear from you!
    its great to hear from you! Your personal trainer sounds awesome. Glad to hear you are doing so well!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Pam,
    It is so good to hear

Pam,
    It is so good to hear from you. I think of you everything I eat Ice Cream so that means I think of you alot. I have been working out at the gym but sporadically. But every little bit helps. So glad that everything is going well with you and life is full. Happy you checked in. I also saw that Phoenix Rising was on here. Nice to hear from so many of those that were here when I began my journey. Check in once in awhile and let us know how you are progressing. And have a small bowl of ice cream for me.
    Stef
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    fauxma said:

Pam,
    It is so good to hear

Pam,
    It is so good to hear from you. I think of you everything I eat Ice Cream so that means I think of you alot. I have been working out at the gym but sporadically. But every little bit helps. So glad that everything is going well with you and life is full. Happy you checked in. I also saw that Phoenix Rising was on here. Nice to hear from so many of those that were here when I began my journey. Check in once in awhile and let us know how you are progressing. And have a small bowl of ice cream for me.
    Stef

Hi Pammy
    I am so glad that you have been doing well. Last time when you posted you had some medical problems I have been wondering and thinking about you. Please check in more often. We are missing you here.
    I am walking every day for 30 min and doing my lymphedema stretches every day. As you I wish I could have more hours a day or more days off. I also switched from Tamoxifen to Zoladex plus Arimidex combination, which is not fun.
    Life isfull after cancer and happy days are always with us.
    Take care,
    New Flower
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

Hi Pammy
    I am so glad that you have been doing well. Last time when you posted you had some medical problems I have been wondering and thinking about you. Please check in more often. We are missing you here.
    I am walking every day for 30 min and doing my lymphedema stretches every day. As you I wish I could have more hours a day or more days off. I also switched from Tamoxifen to Zoladex plus Arimidex combination, which is not fun.
    Life isfull after cancer and happy days are always with us.
    Take care,
    New Flower

Hi Pammy!!
    So glad you popped in! And I am so glad to hear the good news of happy dancing, and such dedication in your exercising routine!! And so glad you are participating in the ornament fun.
    Love you~glad all is good!
    Melanie
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    I always LOVED your avatar!!!!!
    I'm so glad to see you are doing so well!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Akiss4me
    Options
    KathiM said:

I always LOVED your avatar!!!!!
    I'm so glad to see you are doing so well!!!

Hugs, Kathi

blushing....
    so glad to hear from all of you and thanks for making me feel warm & fuzzy all over!! BIG HUGS!!!! Pammy
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

blushing....
    so glad to hear from all of you and thanks for making me feel warm & fuzzy all over!! BIG HUGS!!!! Pammy

So happy to hear
    things are going well and your life is full and busy. I think of you often and am so happy you are doing all this exercising - I'm getting back to some of that slowly but surely - I'd much rather nap!
    Do keep in touch and keep up all the good things you are doing for you! We are so lucky to have each and every day - wonderful gifts in each one of them!
    much love,
    -Jenny
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Hi stranger!!
    Pammy, it is sooooo good to see you posting. I have definately missed you! Glad to read that everything is going good for you. Exercise is a great thing, huh? I am a firm believer in it and have always tried to stay active. Some days were better than others. Drop in a little more often because it is always great to hear from you. Take care of yourself. Go ice cream!!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Hi, Pammy!!! :-)
    So good to find you here, friend. Even better - glad everything's going so well for you!

Kindest regards, Susan
  • Different Ballgame
    Options
    Pammy,
    I can actually hear

Pammy,

I can actually hear the excitement and joy in your voice about how great your life is now. Just like you, I also don't have enough hours in the day to do all that I want to do. I hope Maurice Little becomes successful in starting the national exercise programs for Breast cancer survivors. By the way I am a Chicago girl living in one of the northwest suburbs. Where is The Next Level located?

Continue to have an exciting life and good health.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Yeah for You
    It's wonderful to hear you are doing well! I am happy for you. I have been working on my Temple, too! It's a work in progress. Hugs to you and yours.
    BL