journals-writing thoughts

Options
disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
at the start of my breast cancer a great friend gave me a journal! AT first I thought why write, jot things down...but I found out day by day it helped more.

Any others keep journals of your illness?

Comments

• seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    not me
    I have not done that, but I think it could be very helpful. At different times in my life I have done journaling. For me it is good to go back and read years later and remember how God brought me through troubles in the past. It gives perspective and helps me to wait patiently to see how He will get me through the current situation.

be well, seof
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options
    I Journal in A Different Way
    In a way I have journaled via e-mail and kept those e-mails and printed those e=mails. I also printed a hard copy of those e-mails in case the computer crashed. When I go back to read what I wrote, I am sometimes amazed that I wrote it. Journaling is record of your thoughts at a specific time in your life and it is good to visit those thoughts once in a while. I also feel that journaling is actually recording your specific history.. I have sent e-mails to my doctors, family, and friends. Consequently, I have recorded a wide variety of thoughts, feelings, symptoms, and questions. Journaling becomes a good resource. So.....continue to journal my sisters. It is valuable for more than one reason.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

I Journal in A Different Way
    In a way I have journaled via e-mail and kept those e-mails and printed those e=mails. I also printed a hard copy of those e-mails in case the computer crashed. When I go back to read what I wrote, I am sometimes amazed that I wrote it. Journaling is record of your thoughts at a specific time in your life and it is good to visit those thoughts once in a while. I also feel that journaling is actually recording your specific history.. I have sent e-mails to my doctors, family, and friends. Consequently, I have recorded a wide variety of thoughts, feelings, symptoms, and questions. Journaling becomes a good resource. So.....continue to journal my sisters. It is valuable for more than one reason.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

I was too weak and tired to
    I was too weak and tired to do one when I was in treatment. But I find it helpful now especially with people expecting you to move on. and i am just not as quickly as they might expect. So I write how I feel, what I am thinking about,, and it helps.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

I was too weak and tired to
    I was too weak and tired to do one when I was in treatment. But I find it helpful now especially with people expecting you to move on. and i am just not as quickly as they might expect. So I write how I feel, what I am thinking about,, and it helps.

gift
    when I got journal as gift I thought I"ll never write...but I did..not sure how long into this whole cancer thing! I have looked back few times...and didnt' realize how much i went through and some even forgot about...or how i handled things...
    I didnt' miss a beat most of the time..keeping up with family (everyday things) work etc..etc..even while going through radiation back 50yrs of friends HOUSE-alone for her move (since out of state) I am high energy as it is, so if radation is suppose to slow you down it perhaps put me to normal level! heehee

So I must say I was lucky during my treatments (ONLY radiation NO chemo)