breast pain/swelling after neulasta/chemo?

Options
Heatherbelle
Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Good morning & Happy Halloween :)
I have a question regarding lumpectomy and chemo, about my mom. After her first chemo, the day after her neulasta shot, my mom's breast that she had surgery on got red, swollen, painful -mom ended up having to be put on antibiotics AND had another drain tube inserted for 3 days to relieve the swelling.
She healed up from that & started feeling better. Went in for chemo #2 on Thursday, neulasta shot on Friday, and yesterday again her breast is starting to get pinkish, looks a little swollen to me also. I'm going over to her house in a little bit to check in on her. She says it's happened after her neulasta shot both times. Anyone else have anything like this happen? Could it be an allergic type reaction to the chemo or neulasta? I'm going to call the on call nurse today & I'm sure the Dr will want to see her tomorrow, I was just wondering if anyone else out there had something similar happen.
Thank you!
*hugs*
Heather

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Glad you are going to call
    Glad you are going to call someone Heather about this. Let us know what you find out. I had a lumpectomy, but, no chemo, so, I am not much help in answering you. Good luck!

Hugs, Diane
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Glad you are going to call
    Glad you are going to call someone Heather about this. Let us know what you find out. I had a lumpectomy, but, no chemo, so, I am not much help in answering you. Good luck!

Hugs, Diane

Taxotere &steroids cause swelling
    Ask your oncologist about it if she on Taxotere. Wishing she will feel better soon.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi Heather,
    Hope you Mom is doing okay. I know the steroids made my face and boob red. Does your Mom take steroids with her chemo? Hugs, Jean
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Heather,
    Hope you Mom is doing okay. I know the steroids made my face and boob red. Does your Mom take steroids with her chemo? Hugs, Jean

She's on the AC combo right
    She's on the AC combo right now, and yes she does get steroids also. The steroids always make my face flush too. I took the girls over to see Grandma today in their costumes & she's doing better today. No swelling or pain, and just a little pinkish tint. We're going to call the onc tomorrow to be on the safe side. Thanks for your input :)
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

She's on the AC combo right
    She's on the AC combo right now, and yes she does get steroids also. The steroids always make my face flush too. I took the girls over to see Grandma today in their costumes & she's doing better today. No swelling or pain, and just a little pinkish tint. We're going to call the onc tomorrow to be on the safe side. Thanks for your input :)
    *hugs*
    Heather

Happy to read that your Mom
    Happy to read that your Mom is doing better Heather. Good to call the oncologist always to be sure.

Hugs, Jan
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Heather
    sorry to hear your mom's having some issues following treatment. Hope the dr can tell her what's causing the swelling and redness.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Heather
    sorry to hear your mom's having some issues following treatment. Hope the dr can tell her what's causing the swelling and redness.
    {{hugs}} Char

Heather
    So sorry to hear your mom's having those problems. Did she have a fever? I hope she will feel better soon and not have this problem next time.
    Hugs
    Annette
  • Stace_aka_Pollyanna
    Options

Heather
    So sorry to hear your mom's having those problems. Did she have a fever? I hope she will feel better soon and not have this problem next time.
    Hugs
    Annette

How's your mom?
    Did you and your mom talk to the onc today about her swelling, Heather? Whatd'ya find out?
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

How's your mom?
    Did you and your mom talk to the onc today about her swelling, Heather? Whatd'ya find out?

Yes ... Miss HeatherBelle .. How is Mom
    doing ?

Vicki Sam
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Yes ... Miss HeatherBelle .. How is Mom
    doing ?

Vicki Sam

Did you hear from the doctor
    Did you hear from the doctor Heather?