removal of port and swollen arm

Options
ligia07853
ligia07853 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had a port removed because my arm was swollen. After ultrasound and finding out there were no clots, the doctor removed it becouse of the discomfort I was feeling. After four days, my arm is still ver swollen. I wonder if anyone has gone through this. thank you

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    Was your surgery on the same side?
    Did you have lymph nodes removed? If the doctor did not find any blood clots, I'm wondering if this could be lymphedema. Usually they put the port in the opposite side, so maybe I'm way off base. Seems like your oncologist or surgeon should be able to find out what's going on. If you still have swelling/discomfort, I'd keep hounding them to try to find out why.

Good luck.
    Hugs, Renee
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

Did you have lymph nodes removed? If the doctor did not find any blood clots, I'm wondering if this could be lymphedema. Usually they put the port in the opposite side, so maybe I'm way off base. Seems like your oncologist or surgeon should be able to find out what's going on. If you still have swelling/discomfort, I'd keep hounding them to try to find out why.

Good luck.
    Hugs, Renee

Gee, you poor thing .. What an ordeal
    how you feeling ? Renee asked great questions .. ? blood clots ? same side as breast cancer ?

Please let us know.

Strength and Courage

•☆.•*´¨`*••♥ Vicki Sam ♥••*´¨`*•.☆•
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Gee, you poor thing .. What an ordeal
    how you feeling ? Renee asked great questions .. ? blood clots ? same side as breast cancer ?

Please let us know.

Strength and Courage

•☆.•*´¨`*••♥ Vicki Sam ♥••*´¨`*•.☆•

How are you doing ???
    Vicki Sam
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

Good luck.
    Hugs, Renee

I don't know what it might
    I don't know what it might be. Did you call your oncologist and surgeon? Let us know what you find out. Good luck.
  • zach08
    zach08 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Arm swelling
    I have the same thing, right now. Arm swelled on side of port not side of lumpectomy. I had ultrasound also and they did not find blood clot. They are not telling me anything, and my arm is getting worse. I am scared also. I want port out too. But you said it did not go down yet? How are you now.??