Exchange Surgery

Options
Jean 0609
Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was hoping to have my exchange surgery (left breast) in November. However, I am also having my ovaries removed the same time. I received a message tonight when I got home that they scheduled my surgery for Wednesday, December 8. My question, I already have tickets for a luncheon on Saturday, December 11. Do you think I will be able to go, or should I try to get my money back? The ticket was a little pricey. Let me know what you think please. TaTa for now, Jean

Comments

• Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    It's possible
    Dear Jean,

Do you know if you're going to have drains? That's a variable, but still doable. Depending on how well you do, barring no complications it is very possible that you could go to the luncheon. You'll need someone to drive you.

Most of us are out of the hospital and home the evening of our exchange. I didn't have drains with mine, but many do. I took some pain meds, but not nearly as much as I did for my DMX.

I think it is very doable barring no unforeseen complications.
  • shelbyhome
    shelbyhome Member Posts: 145
    Options
    HI Jean, I had my exchange
    HI Jean, I had my exchange Friday Sept. 10th and I did better than I thought I would... I came home that day and had company all weekend, no drains and I was at the resturant for dinner on Tuesday night, that was 4 days. I would ask the nurse what she thinks but as long as you do good then go for it, no can't drive but I used a pillow under my seatbelt over my chest but I have done that since my first surgery in Feb! Good luck Hug:) Robbin
  • mickey25
    mickey25 Member Posts: 3
    Options

HI Jean, I had my exchange
    HI Jean, I had my exchange Friday Sept. 10th and I did better than I thought I would... I came home that day and had company all weekend, no drains and I was at the resturant for dinner on Tuesday night, that was 4 days. I would ask the nurse what she thinks but as long as you do good then go for it, no can't drive but I used a pillow under my seatbelt over my chest but I have done that since my first surgery in Feb! Good luck Hug:) Robbin

exchange surgery
    Hello,

I had exchange in both breasts on Oct. 12, 2009, and had no pain and no drainage. Had surgery in morning and came home same day. Ate out at restaurant before 90-minute ride home.

Hope all will go smoothly for you, too.

Best,

Deb.