kidneys

Options
mollyz
mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Does anyone get urine test on their visits to the onco.Dr. I'm having a lot of unrine when i go I do drink a lot of water but that i did all the time but since i started chemo i wake up at night just about every two or three hours with lots of urine. much info needed. I actually had 2nd chemo of taxotere today but forgot to ask about it.thanks in advance for the wonderful info you ladies share. MollyZ

Comments

• mollyz
    Options
    kidneys
    Sorry not unrine but urine
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    mollyz said:

kidneys

MollyZ .. Never, not I !
    Maybe Oncologist office checking to see if you have protein in your pee ? I dont know ??

Please let us know.

Vicki Sam
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

MollyZ .. Never, not I !
    Maybe Oncologist office checking to see if you have protein in your pee ? I dont know ??

Please let us know.

Vicki Sam

mine does not test my pee
    mine does not test my pee either, Think theres some blood test that also tests for it
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    mollyz said:

kidneys

I was on Adriamycin/Cytoxan.
    I was on Adriamycin/Cytoxan. The Cytoxan caused what I thought was a urinary track infection (UTI) but test came back neg. but with blood in urine. Oncol. sent me to a urologist. He thought it was a kidney stone so I had a CT scan--nope--so he did a scope to see inside my bladder--all clear but still have blood in urine so he put me on Vesicare for over-active bladder. Call your oncol. to find out what's going on. I'm a year done with chemo and still have blood in urine.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Molly
    I've never had my urine tested by onc.
    Char
  • mollyz
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Molly
    Char

urine
    No they didn't test my urine i read in an older post way back in 2009 from someone about they got their urine tested and was just wondered I'm glad it flows good, and i will ask the onc. next week, I had 2nd taxoter friday i woke up this morning feeling good ,the first one last week i woke up face red and swollen a little. thanks everyone Mollyz
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Options
    Molly
    Yes, while I was getting my first two chemo's (T/C) I was drinking water like crazy and I had to run to the rest room many times during treatment and barley made it! This time at chemo, I didn't drink as much and did much better without the urgency. Of course when I was done and went home I drank ALOT of water. I asked the onc. nurse if I was drinking too much while taking chemo, and she said I was. At night (the night of chemo and the night after) I do get up alot to go because I drink alot before going to bed and during the night I sipped water if i'm already up. No, I don't get a urine test. Never thought to ask and never thought it was an issue.
    Hope this helps.
    Annette
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options

Molly
    Yes, while I was getting my first two chemo's (T/C) I was drinking water like crazy and I had to run to the rest room many times during treatment and barley made it! This time at chemo, I didn't drink as much and did much better without the urgency. Of course when I was done and went home I drank ALOT of water. I asked the onc. nurse if I was drinking too much while taking chemo, and she said I was. At night (the night of chemo and the night after) I do get up alot to go because I drink alot before going to bed and during the night I sipped water if i'm already up. No, I don't get a urine test. Never thought to ask and never thought it was an issue.
    Hope this helps.
    Annette

taxotere
    While on Taxotere, I did get up once or twice each night, not with urgency but figured I might as well go since I was awake. That way, I thought I might be able to sleep through the rest of the night. My onc has never ordered any urine tests, just blood.

As for the flushed, red face, that is usually caused by the steroid, Decadron (Dexamethasone). You are getting some kind of steroid, I assume.

Best wishes as you continue your treatments.
    Marsha
  • mollyz
    Options

taxotere
    While on Taxotere, I did get up once or twice each night, not with urgency but figured I might as well go since I was awake. That way, I thought I might be able to sleep through the rest of the night. My onc has never ordered any urine tests, just blood.

As for the flushed, red face, that is usually caused by the steroid, Decadron (Dexamethasone). You are getting some kind of steroid, I assume.

Best wishes as you continue your treatments.
    Marsha

taxotere
    Hi Marsha, Yes I do take Dexamethasone I take two 4mg the night before chemo and then they give me more during chemo. thanks for the info.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Molly
    Char

No, my onco never tested or
    No, my onco never tested or tests my urine. Could you have a bladder infection? You might talk to your GP and have your urine tested to see.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Molly
    Char

Nope, my oncologist never
    Nope, my oncologist never tested my urine. Hoping you find out what is going on and get some relief.

Hugs, Leeza