Home health aides

Options
pinkflutterby
pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
any one had any dealings with home health aides or live in nanny's??? thinking about looking into getting one. The situtation with my daughter is NOT getting better, only worse

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Libby, when my mom was
    Libby, when my mom was living with my husband and me, we both worked and for a period of time after she was released from the hospital, she had a home health aid that came to the house. The lady was available to do whatever my mom needed, help bathe her, cook, clean, etc. I believe she was alloted 4 hours. It didn't last too long because she did live with us and we were her caretakers after work hours. I'm sorry to hear that things are not getting better with your daughter. I would check into either a home health aid or nanny. I believe your insurance will cover that, I know my mom's did. Good luck.
  • pinkflutterby
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Libby, when my mom was
    Libby, when my mom was living with my husband and me, we both worked and for a period of time after she was released from the hospital, she had a home health aid that came to the house. The lady was available to do whatever my mom needed, help bathe her, cook, clean, etc. I believe she was alloted 4 hours. It didn't last too long because she did live with us and we were her caretakers after work hours. I'm sorry to hear that things are not getting better with your daughter. I would check into either a home health aid or nanny. I believe your insurance will cover that, I know my mom's did. Good luck.

put a call into my Onc's
    put a call into my Onc's office requesting a RX for it. She will let me know in November when I go back ....... frustration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Options
    Do IT!!
    I think it is a fabulous idea, and will reduce stress as well as free you from having to deal with your daughter all the time. I will keep you in my prayers..alison I think you'll wonder why you waited so long, once you do it. (That almost sounds "Nasty"!lol)
  • pinkflutterby
    Options

Do IT!!
    I think it is a fabulous idea, and will reduce stress as well as free you from having to deal with your daughter all the time. I will keep you in my prayers..alison I think you'll wonder why you waited so long, once you do it. (That almost sounds "Nasty"!lol)

then WHY does it make me
    then WHY does it make me feel so guilty like Im kicking her nad her kids out.
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Options

then WHY does it make me
    then WHY does it make me feel so guilty like Im kicking her nad her kids out.

Because you are engaged in a co-dependent relationship
    If you are feeling guilty about this situation there must be some co-dependent issues going on with your daughter. There is no healthy resolution be had without first taking care of yourself. It sounds like she has taken advantage of your dx, and is in denial about wh is helping who. She will be upset with you and try to blame you and your illness, blah, blah, blah. Come on girl, be the grown-up and ask her to take her kids and leave. Find a pro to help you...my bet is you'll recover better, faster. And she nor her children will have you as an excuse. Better to be an example!! Love and hugs to you....alison Tough love!!!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Because you are engaged in a co-dependent relationship
    If you are feeling guilty about this situation there must be some co-dependent issues going on with your daughter. There is no healthy resolution be had without first taking care of yourself. It sounds like she has taken advantage of your dx, and is in denial about wh is helping who. She will be upset with you and try to blame you and your illness, blah, blah, blah. Come on girl, be the grown-up and ask her to take her kids and leave. Find a pro to help you...my bet is you'll recover better, faster. And she nor her children will have you as an excuse. Better to be an example!! Love and hugs to you....alison Tough love!!!

Libby
    it is a very good idea. Please do it. You will be surprised seeing improvement in your relationships.