Hurray!!!!!

Options
AMomNETN
AMomNETN Member Posts: 242
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ladies,
I just wanted to tell all I had to exchange surgery. I can't tell you how much better the implants feel as opposed to the expanders. The pain is minimal to say the least. Nothing like the mastocemy. I feel so much better with those darn expanders. I'm a new woman in more than one way now. LOLOL All of you still on this journey it is so worth it. Take care all my sisters.

Love,
Janie

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    congrats
    Happy for you!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Janie, that's great to hear.
    Janie, that's great to hear. I know exactly what you mean about the expanders. My exchange surgery is set for November 15th.....I can't wait!
  • Suzie-Q-Z
    Suzie-Q-Z Member Posts: 40
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!!
    Thanks for sharing your story Janie.
    I just had my mastectomy 2 weeks ago and had to get expanders. It was a surprise to wake up to because I didn't realize the skin would all be removed. After the drain was removed fluid continues/d to build up even though I have been bound in ace bandages untill I want to screem. I had it drained once more but it filled right back up. The nurse said it would keep happening untill the expander was big enough to take up the empty space. I'm giving up on bandages today. It's good to hear it gets better, and the mastectomy feels better.
    Did any one get this odd nerve pain/sensation that I am? I've been very careful to take it easy but there is one nerve that wraps toward my back that has a stinging sensation & I'm thinking it is just the nerves comming back and losing numbness.
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Options
    Very Cool!!
    It is so cool just to hear your enthusiasm, I feel the same way about my new boobies. I got them via tram-flap. It was a huge surgery, and it'll be a year in Dec. since I got them. I'm startin think about what I want to do for nipples now. It feel good to have something on my chest! Be Happy!!!! Hugs..alison
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Very Cool!!
    It is so cool just to hear your enthusiasm, I feel the same way about my new boobies. I got them via tram-flap. It was a huge surgery, and it'll be a year in Dec. since I got them. I'm startin think about what I want to do for nipples now. It feel good to have something on my chest! Be Happy!!!! Hugs..alison

Had my exchange surgery on July 21, 2010 .. I was
    instructed to wear a bra - sports with underwire for 24/7 -- length of 1 year.. What did you Plastic Surgeon tell you ?

Just curious :-)

Vicki Sam
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Janie, that's great to hear.
    Janie, that's great to hear. I know exactly what you mean about the expanders. My exchange surgery is set for November 15th.....I can't wait!

Double Hurray for you! I
    Double Hurray for you! I had a lumpectomy, so, I don't know how good it feels to you, but, big congrats! Enjoy!

Sue :)
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Congratulations, Janie!
    Sending positive thoughts your way. And gentle hugs.

Sue
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Very Cool!!

Congrats! You sound very
    Congrats! You sound very happy to be rid of the expanders, as I am sure you are.

Enjoy your new ta ta's!

Hugs, Angie
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Congratulations, Janie!
    Sending positive thoughts your way. And gentle hugs.

Sue

Sending my congrats to you
    Sending my congrats to you too! Hope you have a great celebration this weekend!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Janie
    congrats on the "new girls". I hope you continue to heal.
    {{gentle hugs}} Char
  • AMomNETN
    Options
    Suzie-Q-Z said:

Woo Hoo!!!
    Thanks for sharing your story Janie.
    I just had my mastectomy 2 weeks ago and had to get expanders. It was a surprise to wake up to because I didn't realize the skin would all be removed. After the drain was removed fluid continues/d to build up even though I have been bound in ace bandages untill I want to screem. I had it drained once more but it filled right back up. The nurse said it would keep happening untill the expander was big enough to take up the empty space. I'm giving up on bandages today. It's good to hear it gets better, and the mastectomy feels better.
    Did any one get this odd nerve pain/sensation that I am? I've been very careful to take it easy but there is one nerve that wraps toward my back that has a stinging sensation & I'm thinking it is just the nerves comming back and losing numbness.

Sensations
    Susie,
    I still have strange sensations from time to time. Sometimes it a prickly feeling, a stinging pain, just aches etc. My boobs are still numb but today it doesn't seem as numb. Wondering how the numbness will change with the implants. I think having something to look forward after the mastecomy and other treatments is important for some of us. Hang in there Susie, attitude will take you far or it has for me. I also have used humor. Today when they told me to put on the haircap for surgery. I looked at the nurse and said "I hope it doesn't mess up my hair." I ended chemo July 16th so very short hair. We all had a good laugh.

Janie
  • AMomNETN
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Had my exchange surgery on July 21, 2010 .. I was
    instructed to wear a bra - sports with underwire for 24/7 -- length of 1 year.. What did you Plastic Surgeon tell you ?

Just curious :-)

Vicki Sam

Sports Bra
    Vicki Sam,
    I'm wearing something like a velcro type tube top for now that is very tight. He said a sports bra after my post-op check-up. He didn't mention an underwire but I'll try to remember to ask. I'll do whatever he tells me and I'll let you know too.

Janie
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Yay Janie!
    Glad to hear you got your new boobs. Can't wait to get mine. Hoping it would be November, but looks like now it will be December. Hugs, Jean
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! I can see
    CONGRATULATIONS! I can see your enthusiasm in your post! Glad to hear it gets much better, I have 1 more fill next week then I get to schedule my exchange surgery!! You sound so very happy, I'm glad to see that!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

CONGRATULATIONS! I can see
    CONGRATULATIONS! I can see your enthusiasm in your post! Glad to hear it gets much better, I have 1 more fill next week then I get to schedule my exchange surgery!! You sound so very happy, I'm glad to see that!
    *hugs*
    Heather

I have to agree with
    I have to agree with everyone, you sound so happy to have finally have your implants. I am very happy for you! Congrats!

Hugs, Megan
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Its great to get the new
    Its great to get the new girls...especially if you had the expanders. They do continue to get better at least mine do and i got mine in July. I still have the numbing but its more centered around the incisions now. ENJOY!!!
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    congrats
    YIPPPEEE
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

congrats
    YIPPPEEE

Congratulations!
    Congratulations!