Chemo and sleep disturbance

Options
tjohnson2310
tjohnson2310 Member Posts: 168 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
At the end of my 12 weeks of Taxol and at the start of my new chemo drug FEC, I am noticing a sleep disturbance. I can fall asleep but I wake up every 2 hours hot and sweating. Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I've been having something
    I've been having something similar since I started Taxotere. I had 2 treatments of that, 2 weeks apart. My last chemo was 2 weeks ago & I'm still falling asleep for about 5 hours, then waking up every 2 or so hours after that. Hoping that will go away soon!
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    Options

I've been having something
    I've been having something similar since I started Taxotere. I had 2 treatments of that, 2 weeks apart. My last chemo was 2 weeks ago & I'm still falling asleep for about 5 hours, then waking up every 2 or so hours after that. Hoping that will go away soon!

sleep
    I finished chemo in July and rads 5 weeks ago and still have those sleep issues....
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    waffle8 said:

sleep
    I finished chemo in July and rads 5 weeks ago and still have those sleep issues....

Sleep less ness .. or in my case insomina
    6 months out of 18 week consective chemo, and I continue to have nights where I am extremely tired .. but can not fall asleep. Or if I fall asleep, any slight noise will wake me up - !

I think it's part chemo TCH - and part stress. We battle the beast, now we have to face the future .. knowing all that we know abt met's and life as a breast cancer Survivor.

I go to bed relax .. praying for all our family here on the boards, thanking God for his love, my family .. life -- hoping to share another day with everyone I cherish.

My Oncologist has called in a RX to help me sleep, no need to fill it ... my body will recover and get back to it's natural pattern ...1 day .. I am hoping sooner than later! LOL....

Good luck .. and happy dreams!

Vicki Sam