survivor

Options
disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had breast cancer, surgery and radiation 2008-I have gone every 6mths to two different oncologist, blood work and mammos.

I just got the ok this week I can now go ONCE a year instead.

So SINCE I did not have chemo etc. I have never thought of myself as survivor-JUST that I had breast cancer. I think since mine was so much less then many patients. Just curious if I am the only one who thinks of "JUST had cancer"! (even though see oncologist regulary)

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Tachnically I believe that
    Tachnically I believe that you are a survivor. But if it keeps you healthy and helps you mentally to think of yourself as just having had cancer instead, do it. Whatever works!!!
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options

Tachnically I believe that
    Tachnically I believe that you are a survivor. But if it keeps you healthy and helps you mentally to think of yourself as just having had cancer instead, do it. Whatever works!!!

That I am...! and proud of it
    OH no I don't mind thinking as survivor-just since mine was only surgery, radiation I feel like mine was easy compared to so many. I just never thought of exactly what survivor was! So I guess you are right-I MUST BE!
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

OH no I don't mind thinking as survivor-just since mine was only surgery, radiation I feel like mine was easy compared to so many. I just never thought of exactly what survivor was! So I guess you are right-I MUST BE!

My opinion
    You had BC now you don't and you survived it.......so I think you are a survivor! Radiation was easier to me than chemo but still not exactly a walk in the park and you did it!! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    You ARE a survivor!
    Regardless of the extent of your treatment, you were treated for breast cancer. You are here to tell your tale, so in my book, you are a survivor! Thanks for sharing your story and giving hope to everyone on this board. You are proof that there is Life after Cancer.
  • lafera12
    lafera12 Member Posts: 63
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

You ARE a survivor!
    Regardless of the extent of your treatment, you were treated for breast cancer. You are here to tell your tale, so in my book, you are a survivor! Thanks for sharing your story and giving hope to everyone on this board. You are proof that there is Life after Cancer.

YES YOU ARE
    You a definitely a survivor. You became a survivor the day you were diagnosed
    with breast cancer...It certainly feels good being one.

Angie
  • lafera12
    lafera12 Member Posts: 63
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

You ARE a survivor!

YES YOU ARE
    You a definitely a survivor. You became a survivor the day you were diagnosed
    with breast cancer...It certainly feels good being one.

Angie
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I agree
    I agree with the other ladies. I think of myself as a survivor because: a)I was diagnosed with cancer and am still alive b)the experienced has changed me permanently, both physically and psychologically. I have read some posts here from ladies who disagree with my definition of survivor, and others who agree, but do not put themselves in the same category. It is a very personal thing and however you feel about yourself and whatever words you use to describe it is just fine. We are just glad you are here to discuss it.

Live as well as you can for as long as you can. seof
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

You are a survivor! Enjoy
    You are a survivor! Enjoy life free of cancer!

Hugs, Jan