How did you do with Arimidex?

Options
tally
tally Member Posts: 48
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm starting Arimidex tomorrow and I just want to know what to expect.

Comments

• Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    Options
    I started Sept 27 and so
    I started Sept 27 and so far, so good. I have had absolutely no reaction. If I was gonna get one I would think it would have happened by now.

Good Luck
    Cindy
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I am doing fine. Been on it
    I am doing fine. Been on it since April 2009 and will be on it for life or until it stops working. I did have to change to take it in the afternoon (usually around 4PM), because I was too tired if I took it in the early morning.

BTW, I have 2 sisters, one on femara and one on aromasin, and they have done fine too.

Have your doctor check your vitamin d level before starting if possible. My level was low and it made me feel achy and there are studies supporting a connection with achiness, arimidex and low vitamin d levels.

See:
    Vitamin D Reduces Aromatase Inhibitor Pain
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

I am doing fine. Been on it
    I am doing fine. Been on it since April 2009 and will be on it for life or until it stops working. I did have to change to take it in the afternoon (usually around 4PM), because I was too tired if I took it in the early morning.

BTW, I have 2 sisters, one on femara and one on aromasin, and they have done fine too.

Have your doctor check your vitamin d level before starting if possible. My level was low and it made me feel achy and there are studies supporting a connection with achiness, arimidex and low vitamin d levels.

See:
    Vitamin D Reduces Aromatase Inhibitor Pain

So far, so good
    I've been on the Arimidex almost 3 months now. I'm having my Vit. D level checked next week. Like Cynthia, I had to experiment with the time of doseage. My onc. said it doesn't really make any difference as to what time you take it, just that you try to take it at the same time every day.

Good luck with it.
    Hugs, Renee
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

So far, so good
    I've been on the Arimidex almost 3 months now. I'm having my Vit. D level checked next week. Like Cynthia, I had to experiment with the time of doseage. My onc. said it doesn't really make any difference as to what time you take it, just that you try to take it at the same time every day.

Good luck with it.
    Hugs, Renee

Been 5 months
    and I have no problems. I asked the onc if that means it's not working and she said no, it means you're lucky. I hope the same for you:)

xo
    Victoria
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Started June 1
    and, with the exception of hot flashes and night sweats, doing fine. Did have some charly horses after a month or so, but they passed. Also taking Vit D. I dress in layers and have fans in the bedroom and on my desk at work.

One of our sisters suggested keeping a list of aches & pains, so that when you start Arimidex, you'll know if anything is new or worse.

The best to you,

Sue
  • lafera12
    lafera12 Member Posts: 63
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Started June 1
    and, with the exception of hot flashes and night sweats, doing fine. Did have some charly horses after a month or so, but they passed. Also taking Vit D. I dress in layers and have fans in the bedroom and on my desk at work.

One of our sisters suggested keeping a list of aches & pains, so that when you start Arimidex, you'll know if anything is new or worse.

The best to you,

Sue

not too good /Arimidex
    I started Arimidex in Aug. of 2008, was on it about a year--too many joint pains,
    hot flashes. Switched to Femara, only lasted about 6 months, same side effects.
    Am now on Aromasin and doing really good on it.
    Good luck with it...

Angie