Donna Doing Well/ Prayers Needed for Sister

Options
Hubby
Hubby Member Posts: 325
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Donna's radiation has started and is going well, but my sister just received a diagnosis of stage IV lung cancer (she hasn't smoked in about 25 years). Testing is going on now to figure out the specifics. Have I mentioned lately that cancer s*cks!! I guess I shouldn't use the word s*cks in a post that I'm asking for prayers, but I'm just p*ssed.

Bob

Comments

• webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Options
    Dear Bob
    Dear Bob, we all know "cancer sucks", it's an old quote. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Both your wife and sister, at the same time, I am so very sorry!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    *&%^****#)***!!!*%****^&@!!
    I have mean, ugly words floating through my head~ if I were to write them down, the Auto Censor would fill the page up with multiple asterics!

I have no positives to attribute to cancer; not even meeting all of you, if it had to be here. I don't think I need to explain that~ it has nothing at all to do with the amazing people who are here. It has everything to do with WHY we are here.

It is time for Rague to put her Pink Witch costume on and wave that magic wand. We really, really need it.

Glad Donna is doing well! ((((hugs))) to your sister from the Kindred Spirits here.

No matter the nature of the beast, we are united in spirit.

Chen♥
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Bob -
    I'm glad to hear

Bob -
    I'm glad to hear Donna's radiation is going well, and so very sorry to hear about your sister. Praying for her & your family as well. My (favorite) Aunt Punkie is a lung cancer survivor -I drew so much inspiration from her while I was going through chemo. She was the only person I'd experienced close to me who had had cancer up until my diagnosis. Best of luck & health to Donna and your sister.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    That s*cks!!
    Bob, I, too, am happy to read that Donna is doing good and getting through rads. So sorry to read that another member of your family, your sister, is now doing battle. Yes, it most definately s*cks!! Sending strength to get through the upcoming battle. We are all here for support for any of our sisters, regardless of the type of cancer. Please keep us posted.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

That s*cks!!
    Bob, I, too, am happy to read that Donna is doing good and getting through rads. So sorry to read that another member of your family, your sister, is now doing battle. Yes, it most definately s*cks!! Sending strength to get through the upcoming battle. We are all here for support for any of our sisters, regardless of the type of cancer. Please keep us posted.

Bob,
    Good news about Donna,

Bob,
    Good news about Donna, s##ks for your sister. I have a very dear friend who is doing very well after treatment for Stage 4 lung cancer. God bless her, she had chemo and brain radiation, but is in remission.
    I'll pray for all of you.
    Wanda
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    Bob
    I'm glad Donna's radiation is going well, but so sorry to hear about your sister. Your family is in my prayers and believe me, the word s**k has I'm sure found it's way near a prayer or two of mine. I think God gets that cancer s**ks.

Take care.

marge
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I Agree with You Bob!!
    Cancer does SUCK! I'm a 9 year BC survivor and my father got diagnosed with terminal Esophageal cancer in March. It's terminal, so they are giving him chemo only to try to keep the cancer from spreding more quickly and giving him a little more time.

Having been on both sides of cancer now, I can say it's much easier to be a patient than a loved one of a patient. The feeling of helplessness is just awful. Knowing you can't do anything to help your loved one as they grow sicker and sicker right before your eyes is just plain torcher.

I'll be praying for you and your family. And...it's ok to feel pissed! God understands and wants you to come to him with ALL of what you are feeling and thinking! He knows it anyway! :)

Blessings,
    Sally
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Bob
    cancer does s*ck! I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I quit a long smoking habit 11 years ago and my PCP reminds me that it takes many years to repair the damage I did. I hope and pray that I have no long term damage. Breast cancer is enough to deal with. Glad to hear Donna is doing well on rads.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Bob
    cancer does s*ck! I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I quit a long smoking habit 11 years ago and my PCP reminds me that it takes many years to repair the damage I did. I hope and pray that I have no long term damage. Breast cancer is enough to deal with. Glad to hear Donna is doing well on rads.
    {{hugs}} Char

Bob .. My prayers are with you .. you poor soul,
    first Donna, now your sister. @ damn cancer!

Vicki Sam
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Vicki Sam

prayers
    Just adding my prayers for you all...Isn't it a shame that "cancer sucks" is an old term and yet we are still having to use it.....
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi Bob,
    Glad to hear that Donna is doing well with radiation. However, I am sorry to hear about your sister. Sending prayers to you and your entire family.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    No you should say that
    No you should say that cancer sucks, because it does--the beast has no redeeming qualities. And it keeps me angry some days too. It is such an unfair and nasty disease. And, of course, we will pray for your sister and Donna and you. We all need those prayers and I think they really help.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

That s*cks!!

Sorry to read about your
    Sorry to read about your sister, and, yes cancer sucks! Sending prayers for her!
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    You are
    surely in my thoughts as you have to deal with this beast on 2 fronts. I am glad your wife's rads are going well. I am sorry to hear about your sister. I can certainly understand why you are p*ssed. You have every right to be.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options

No you should say that
    No you should say that cancer sucks, because it does--the beast has no redeeming qualities. And it keeps me angry some days too. It is such an unfair and nasty disease. And, of course, we will pray for your sister and Donna and you. We all need those prayers and I think they really help.

So sad for your sister
    I know you will be there for her. She will need it to get thru all she has to endure. I will say a prayer for her. Keep us updated on her progress.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    ladyg said:

You are
    surely in my thoughts as you have to deal with this beast on 2 fronts. I am glad your wife's rads are going well. I am sorry to hear about your sister. I can certainly understand why you are p*ssed. You have every right to be.

Hugs,
    Georgia

So sorry about your sister
    So sorry about your sister but good to hear the news regarding Donna. And I think that is it okay to say this sucks in the same post as asking for prayers because it does suck and there are lots of worse words to describe it and still ask for prayers. So swear and curse cause cancer sucks and we'll all pray for those you love.
    Stef
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Oh Bob, I'm so happy that
    Oh Bob, I'm so happy that you wife is doing well with Rads that's great. But I am so sorry that your sister is going through lung caner stage IV. Jeez does it ever stop. You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts. You are entitled to be pissed off. If you want or need to go ahead and yell, scream, what ever it takes to release the stress. We are all here to listen. What ever you need. You are one of a few men that now have 5000 sisters. There is allot of power in that alone. Take care little brother Kay.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Vicki Sam

Adding prayers for your
    Adding prayers for your sister.

Hugs, Debby