Just diagnosed with lung cancer

Options
linda51
linda51 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
I am 58 years old, and smoked off and on for 40 years. I was diagnosed with lung cancer on Monday. I go for my PET scan today and meet with 2 oncologist. The doctor that took the biopsy said that I was T3b. I'm hoping for better news after my PET scan. Please everyone wish me luck, and I hope that GOD has mercy on my soul.

Comments

• Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Stay strong
    Linda, sorry to hear about your diagnosis. You have found the right place for encouragement, advice and a great place to vent when things get too tough.

The beginning is the toughest when you are going through all of the tests and waiting for the results. It gives you too much time to think the worst but please don't. Lung cancer is treatable and there are many long term survivors here to prove that!!!

Please post again and let us know what your test results were and what type of treatment plan your oncologist has discussed. Also, please let us know what type of lung cancer you have. The more information you give us the better we will be able to help you.

Stay strong,
    Glenna
  • Dapsterd
    Dapsterd Member Posts: 291
    Options
    New Diag.
    I have stage IIIB as well. Please get back with us after your PET.

I have my firstline treatment last PET Nov 22. Was Dx June 3 this year, ended 35 rads and have 2 of 22 chemos left, two weeks left for the firstline treatment.

It all is good.....Dave
  • Slinking
    Slinking Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Me too
    I'm with you here. I was diagnosed approx two weeks ago and have completed all he scans.
    I start chemo this week in order to shrink one large, center mass, to where they can radiate more safely.
    I know its a scary time.
    I feel great with my doctors and that gives me confidence.
    This is my first time here. I can see I am in the right place.
    Thank you all for being here.
    Scott