In My Thoughts

dragonflymom
dragonflymom Member Posts: 46
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
Hello everyone. I don't post on here often right now. Thankfully my mom is dealing with her EC as well as can be expected right now. She just had her esophagus stretched last week and had some scar tissue around her stents removed. Other than some issues with her feeding tube she has been doing ok. Her latest CT scan showed no new cancer and the cancer that was in her esophagus/trachea is the same size as last time. God has blessed us with more time than we ever thought possible after her diagnosis last year.

I have come here recently and have seen so many members suffering with the loss of their loved ones. While I try to respond each time, sometimes I miss some and for that I'm sorry.

Please know that you are all in my thoughts and when I see a prayer request or see that someone needs a prayer I have sent one up even if I haven't posted.

I hope everyone has a nice Halloween!

Amy

Comments

• sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Thanks for the update. It's
    Thanks for the update. It's good to know your mom's scans show no new cancer.She continues in my prayers. We might not be able to do a lot to help but prayer is one of the most powerful tools we have.
    When I have been at my worst and couldn't pray, I felt the prayers of others giving me the love and stenghth I needed. There is power in prayer! God's healing is not always in the physical, but always in the spiritual. He gives us the comfort we need, even in the darkest hours.
    I'm looking forward to a festival at church, where I'll decorate my car and give out treats. I enjoy being around all the little ones.
    Sandra
  • Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Congratulations to you and Mom!
    Hello Amy
    Yes, thank you for your good news update. God has blessed you and your mom. Cherish this extra time you have been given with her. Live for today, for tomorrow may never come!
    You also enjoy this beautiful fall season!
    Tina in Va
  • MRapp226
    MRapp226 Member Posts: 44
    God Bless
    Amy,

I am so happy that your mom is cancer free. I wish your mom a full recovery.

-Melissa