Do you find it offensive -

Options
2»

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi Susan,
    I love your costume idea!!!!! Make sure to post pictures.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Ignore the crazy grump and
    Ignore the crazy grump and be a pink witch for all of us. I think it sounds awesome! I would even do it too but am working 24 hrs Halloween this year. Do it and post the photos up here. Oh, and wave that wand around a lot and cure all of us!!!!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, NO!!
    I am not offended in the least by this idea.....in fact, I LOVE it!! Perhaps this is one of those times that you have to have been there to comprehend the idea. Please wave your wand at all of us and have a wonderful time at the retreat!!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Susan
    I think your costume will be wonderful! The woman obviously has no idea what a "survivor" has gone through. Her reaction was totally unjustified! I hope you have a wonderful time this weekend and wear your costume proudly :-) I bought a t-shirt from Zazzle that says "ghosts and goblins don't scare me - I survived breast cancer". You go girl!
    {{hugs}} Char

THAT is a GREAT shirt!!!
    I'm going to get myself one!!!

The other, "These things tried to kill me"....that one was great, also!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Absolutely, NO!!
    I am not offended in the least by this idea.....in fact, I LOVE it!! Perhaps this is one of those times that you have to have been there to comprehend the idea. Please wave your wand at all of us and have a wonderful time at the retreat!!

What a BOZO .. !!!! Rague - she is a Moron
    You're going as a Pink Witch .. what a creative idea!

I wonder if I'm going overboad with my pink/white flag hanging outside my home (5 ft x 7 ft), pink - find a cure stickers on my cars - I fight like a girl, breast cancer survivor license plates -- pink ribbon this, pink ribbon that .. Did I mention my dogs pink ribbon bandana's they wear around their necks - I guess it's my way of keeping and sharing - breast cancer is present - and active in our community, my home and my life.

Keep your head high and wave to the Moron next time you're at Wal-Mart.. LOL

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    VickiSam said:

What a BOZO .. !!!! Rague - she is a Moron
    You're going as a Pink Witch .. what a creative idea!

I wonder if I'm going overboad with my pink/white flag hanging outside my home (5 ft x 7 ft), pink - find a cure stickers on my cars - I fight like a girl, breast cancer survivor license plates -- pink ribbon this, pink ribbon that .. Did I mention my dogs pink ribbon bandana's they wear around their necks - I guess it's my way of keeping and sharing - breast cancer is present - and active in our community, my home and my life.

Keep your head high and wave to the Moron next time you're at Wal-Mart.. LOL

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam

Vicki Sam,
    You have been through hell and back. You go right ahead and plaster pink ribbon things anywhere you want!I think you deserve it!!
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    Great
    I think it's a great idea for a costume. Too bad you were too polite to "explain" the situation to her. Enjoy the retreat and keep that magic wand flying.

marge
  • tally
    tally Member Posts: 48
    Options
    Are you kidding me!?
    I love your idea. Please do it for all of us who have fought this ugly disease. And hit that woman over the head with your wand.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    If I had a nickle, or maybe
    If I had a nickle, or maybe in these inflationary times a quarter for every time I said "I wish I had the magic for all of us" I would be a wealthy, wealthy woman!

I imagine this cashier has NO problem ringing up October's pink pooper scoopers, motor oil with pink ribbons on the label, pink shampoo, pink cereal boxes, pink toilet paper, pink coffee mugs, keychains, bottles of wine, etc etc.

You go~ good witch, and bring on the magic!!!!! You are one beautiful Pink Warrior~ and if anyone "deserves" to wear pink while bringing in the power, it is the sisterhood here at CSN!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

If I had a nickle, or maybe
    If I had a nickle, or maybe in these inflationary times a quarter for every time I said "I wish I had the magic for all of us" I would be a wealthy, wealthy woman!

I imagine this cashier has NO problem ringing up October's pink pooper scoopers, motor oil with pink ribbons on the label, pink shampoo, pink cereal boxes, pink toilet paper, pink coffee mugs, keychains, bottles of wine, etc etc.

You go~ good witch, and bring on the magic!!!!! You are one beautiful Pink Warrior~ and if anyone "deserves" to wear pink while bringing in the power, it is the sisterhood here at CSN!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I like the idea Rague. I am
    I like the idea Rague. I am not for sure what that lady even meant. You dress up miss pink witch and wave that wand and end cancer forever!

Some people take life way too serious, and, when you have been through bc, you realize you just have to live!

Have fun,

Leeza
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Options
    Copycats?
    Why do I have a feeling that there are going to be about 50 CSN members dressed up as Pink Witches this year? Your costume idea is GREAT!!! I would get it to market as soon as possible. And won't this woman feel foolish when Walmart is selling them next year!!!

Bob
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    I LOVE it.

I LOVE it.
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Options
    You can't fix stupid!
    People say such stupid things sometimes, clearly because they have no clue what they are talking about. Great Idea! Where you gonna be, I could use a good positive zap
    !!!
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options

You can't fix stupid!
    People say such stupid things sometimes, clearly because they have no clue what they are talking about. Great Idea! Where you gonna be, I could use a good positive zap
    !!!

I think it's a cute idea,
    I think it's a cute idea, have fun.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

I think it's a cute idea,
    I think it's a cute idea, have fun.

Rague,
    I think this is a

Rague,
    I think this is a great costume idea and I think that she had no right to make a comment at all. I love the idea that you will be a good witch fighting this disease. What is offensive about that? Post pictures for us.
    Stef
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    offensive-not at all
    Think very creative
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I was so perplexed by the
    I was so perplexed by the odd response you got from the cashier...I simply couldn't get it or her out of my mind. I wondered why on earth she would react so vehemently. I of course could be 100% wrong here, but the only thing I could come up with is that she wasn't paying attention to what you said, and she for some odd reason understood that you were a Pink Witch waving your wand to BESTOW breast cancer on un-suspecting women! I think if someone told me that, I would have reacted the same way she did!

On the other hand, she may just be a nut job~ but I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • skipper85
    skipper85 Member Posts: 229
    Options
    Another Opinion - Maybe She Was Afraid

Hi Susan:

This being breast cancer month (I really hate October) we are bombarded daily with reminders about breast cancer. Maybe she didn't know a survivor but maybe she did know someone who had passed. Maybe she was due for her annual mammogram - that makes everyone nuts. Let's try and give her the benefit of the doubt even if she is a b**ch.

God is all forgiving - let's try and follow his lead.

Personally I think your idea was so awesome and original. I'm sure lots of people wish they had thought of it.

Have fun on Halloween.

Skipper85