My husband has passed on

Ellie_E
Ellie_E Member Posts: 50
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
I haven't written in quite awhile but I have read all your posts. For the last couple of months, my husband, Jim, fought with all his will. But this horrible disease won in the end. Jim passed away on Sept. 27. His last day was filled with family. All his brothers and sisters were able to see him and say goodbye. Our two sons and our daughter-in-law and I were holding him as he passed on. At Jim's funeral, our son Mike gave his eulogy. He said, "...and for those of us who had the priviledge to be with him this past year my Dad was a warrior to the very end". Everyone who fights this terrible disease is a warrior and some day this war will be won. Now I try to find a new normal without my best friend and love of 38 years. Right now I'm not quite sure how to do that but I'm just getting through each day at a time. I know Jim is at peace and no longer in pain but I miss him so much.

Ellie

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    With deep sympathy and condolences
    Ellie,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like Jim left us with dignity, in the loving arms of his family. I know you miss him deeply. I hope you have the comfort of knowing he is somewhere beyond pain and suffering.

May God bring you and your family peace.

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina
  • unclaw2002
    unclaw2002 Member Posts: 599
    Ellie,
    My heartfelt

Ellie,

My heartfelt symphathy and prayers for you and your family on the loss of your husband. This horrible cancer takes away our loved ones all too quickly. Words can't help right now but know your CSN family is here for you.

Hugs,
    Cindy
  • oriontj
    oriontj Member Posts: 375
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your best friend
    My thoughts and prayers are with you...and I pray that more can be done to halt the pain and misery this disease causes...

orion
  • linda1120
    linda1120 Member Posts: 389
    Sorry for the loss of your Jim
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep you in my prayers.

Linda
  • Ellie_E
    Ellie_E Member Posts: 50
    linda1120 said:

Sorry for the loss of your Jim
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep you in my prayers.

Linda

Thank you all for your kind
    Thank you all for your kind words. It does help to have people know the toll this horrible disease takes.

Ellie
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Sorry for the loss of your
    Sorry for the loss of your husband. This is such a dreadful cancer. I an still disease free after dx and treatment three years ago. I was one of the fortunate ones to catch it at stage 111. I understand how it can be missed until it's too late. We need to do our part in educating others.
    I pray to God do give you and the family comfort in the days ahead. My prayers are with you,
    SAndra
  • slydog11
    slydog11 Member Posts: 40
    Condolences
    Ellie,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Paul
  • cmn412
    cmn412 Member Posts: 69
    sorry for you loss
    I am so sorry for your loss.

Remember that Love never dies and long as it is in our hearts it is alive and well.

god bless.
    callie
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    So Sorry for Your Loss
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time.

Blessings,

Sally
  • Donna70
    Donna70 Member Posts: 852 Member
    sal314 said:

So Sorry for Your Loss
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time.

Blessings,

Sally

sorry for your loss
    Ellie,
    sorry for the loss of your best friend. Hope that you can find that new normal and remember the happy times before EC came. My husband is my best friend and I shudder to think of life without him. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and what pride you have in Jim's fight. take care,
    Donna70
  • 38sallyb
    38sallyb Member Posts: 87
    I am so sorry for your loss
    I am so sorry for your loss of your best friend and the love of your life. You are just one month ahead of me and I'm struggling to get up each day and do what must be done.
    You were certainly a wonderful "care giver". That is a huge description of what you have been through. It is the most
    difficult job imaginable, and there are no instructions that tell us how to "care" and how to give it up when they pass.
    We are still "care giving", to our friends, family and those on this board.
    I hope your days become easier to bear, that your wonderful memories sustain you in the dark times, and that you and
    your family come to realize how blessed you are to have all those wonderful memories.
    SallyB