Last Chemo was today!

Options
MOrtiz0810
MOrtiz0810 Member Posts: 41
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi BC family! I haven't posted in quite some time, but I just wanted to share the good news that I finally finished my last chemo today. A huge part of me feels relieved that it's all done, but a small part of me felt so overwhelmed today, that during my Art Therapy class I just broke down in tears. I think today I cried the most since my diagnosis in March(2010).

It feels strange not having my routine appointments at the Cancer Center and now planning to go back to work, which I have been looking forward to getting back to work for months! I just thought it was so strange the emotions that overwhelmed me today. I think the tears were a mix of joy and fear combined.

Below is a quote that was read in class today and I just thought that we, cancer warriors/survivors, can relate to this quote:

"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world and today I am wise so I am changing myself" - Zahid Iqbal Khan

Blessings and prayers to all cancer warriors/survivors :)

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    That's fantastic you're all done!
    Isn't it crazy how you go through feelings like that? I'm sure most all of us have. It's all just so overwhelming and can come out at the drop of a hat!

Great quote by the way.

Blessings and hugs,

Sylvia
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Good for you MOrtiz0810!
    Glad to hear you are finished your chemo! Hope you can celebrate! Hugs, Jean
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Last Chemo
    Congrats you have survived the worse and today you are wise.

Kathryn
  • anaumann
    anaumann Member Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Last Chemo

Kathryn

congrats!!
    Its wonderful to hear good new!!
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Options
    Wonderful!!!
    So happy chemo is over! All those "feelings" just keep comming, believe me. I think a lot of it is hormone related, but I still go through periods where I feel emotionally, out of it. Good thing crying isn't illegal,lol! Again, I am so happy for you! God bless..hug..alison
  • Jean T. Szabo
    Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
    Options
    Hoorah!!
    Terrific news!!! Dancing in the streets is what I'd be doing. God Bless!! Need to hear that there is an end and read your comment. How relieved you must feel.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Hoorah!!
    Terrific news!!! Dancing in the streets is what I'd be doing. God Bless!! Need to hear that there is an end and read your comment. How relieved you must feel.

congrats !!!!!

congrats !!!!!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Congrats
    on finishing chemo! Your journey goes forward.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
    Thanks for coming back and sharing your wonderful news with us. Now, off to celebrate and begin your Life after Cancer.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Congratulations!!
    Thanks for coming back and sharing your wonderful news with us. Now, off to celebrate and begin your Life after Cancer.

Congrats on finishing chemo!
    Congrats on finishing chemo! You just accomplished a huge milestone in your treatment.

You should be very proud of yourself.

And, I love that quote! Thanks for it.

Hugs, Leeza
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Happy to hear you had your
    Happy to hear you had your last treatment!
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    Wonderful news, congratulations. It does take awhile to get used to the fact you are done, but oh what a feeling!

RE
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Last Chemo

Kathryn

Congrats on finishing chemo!
    Congrats on finishing chemo! Amazing!

Hugs, Jan
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS on being
    CONGRATULATIONS on being done with chemo!!!! I know what a great feeling that is!! Best of health & good wishes to you!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Hooray!
    I am so happy for you.

Hugs,

Sue
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Wonderful!!!
    So happy chemo is over! All those "feelings" just keep comming, believe me. I think a lot of it is hormone related, but I still go through periods where I feel emotionally, out of it. Good thing crying isn't illegal,lol! Again, I am so happy for you! God bless..hug..alison

Great news! Congrats on
    Great news! Congrats on finishing chemo!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Hooray!
    I am so happy for you.

Hugs,

Sue

Another Chemo Queens .. crosses that finish line !
    Way to go ... and JOB well done. Congratulations! Now rest, think of all the things you want to accomplish within the next few years ... then scratch everything off your list .. and smile .. You are WARRIOR, and you beat this beast .. anything else will be a piece of cake.

Strength and Courage:

Vicki Sam
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    wow
    great to hear
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Congratulations!!

Congrats to you! Always
    Congrats to you! Always love seeing good news!

Hugs, Debby