Great test results!

sandy1943
sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
Hello all, I got the results from my pet scan today. I am still disease free. My oncologists moved to a new office two weeks ago. The ct scanner was a brand new high tech scanner. The doctor said the machine is showing things they believe were already there, but they only had the old scans to make the comparison. We will do another in three months
so we will have a comparison. He reminded me I am not in remission yet, only showing disease free. I'll claim the remission anyway.It will be three years in Nov. since my dx.
I praise the Lord! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers,
Sandra

Comments

• K_ann1015
    K_ann1015 Member Posts: 500
    Great news Sandra!!!
    My dad

Great news Sandra!!!
    My dad just got the results of his ct scan (surgery 12/09 & last chemo 5 months ago). His look good to---just wondering why they didn't do a PET scan like you---a friend said maybe due to insurance?

Well anyway---great to hear about your good report!
    Kim
  • Bobs1wife
    Bobs1wife Member Posts: 150
    K_ann1015 said:

Great news Sandra!!!
    My dad

Great news Sandra!!!
    My dad just got the results of his ct scan (surgery 12/09 & last chemo 5 months ago). His look good to---just wondering why they didn't do a PET scan like you---a friend said maybe due to insurance?

Well anyway---great to hear about your good report!
    Kim

That is great news!
    Glad to hear the great news. I had ask about getting CT scans instead of PET. Our BCBS only covers one PET per year, and then CT is covered. Yours may be different, but our doctors can't get PET approval even on appeal. Linda
  • Bobs1wife
    Bobs1wife Member Posts: 150
    Sandra, Yahoo!!!!!
    You had been on my mind today as I knew you were getting your results. Did you hear the cheer clear from Nebraska? Sorry you had a week of scanxiety, but your news is wonderful. Our surgeon at Mayo Clinic told us that they didn't care if we had scans in Nebraska, or in Rochester, just to have the scans all at the same facility. I think, just as you said, machines can be a bit different. I am so happy for you. No matter what you call it, remission, disease free, or whatever, you have 3 years since your diagnosis and I think I will just call it WONDERFUL! Linda
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Wonderful News!!!!!
    Sandy,

I am so happy to hear the great results of your last scan. I know it has been a difficult time waiting for the results. Time to celebrate!!!!!!

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    6/21/2010 CT Scan NED

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    So Happy for You!
    What GREAT news Sandra! Yes....by all means, celebrate like crazy! That's awesome!
    God is so GOOD! :)

Blessings,

Sally
  • unclaw2002
    unclaw2002 Member Posts: 599
    Sandra,
    Congratulations -

Sandra,

Congratulations - what wonderful news. Cherish each day --- they are each a gift.

Cindy
  • linda1120
    linda1120 Member Posts: 389
    great test results
    I am soooooooooo happy for you!!! This is the best news, you must be over the moon.

Linda
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Bobs1wife said:

That is great news!
    Glad to hear the great news. I had ask about getting CT scans instead of PET. Our BCBS only covers one PET per year, and then CT is covered. Yours may be different, but our doctors can't get PET approval even on appeal. Linda

Hello, My doctor always did
    Hello, My doctor always did the ct scan. He had told me in the beginning he would only do a pet scan if he had reason to suspect a return of the cancer. That is one of the reasons I was so anxious this past week. Insurance is often the reason for the different test---a few thousand dollars. The ct scan will show suspious activity and then the pet will light up if it is cancer.
    I woke up this morning praising God for his loving grace in helping me to live each day in the comfort of knowing He will always be there, no matter what life throws my way!
    Sandra
  • cmn412
    cmn412 Member Posts: 69
    WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS
    SANDRA,

What wonderful news. Praise the Lord for his loving mercy.

God bless
    Callie

09/02/2009 T2N0M0 – Stage IIA
    09/2009 -11/2009 Chemo Cisplatin and , 5 FU
    02/05/2010 MIE at Duke Medical
    Dr T. Pappas and Dr M. Onaitis