Are leg & feet pain normal?

Options
adiaz909
adiaz909 Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ever since I had my surgeries in Feb. & March I seem to have pain in my legs or feet? I thought it would go away after a while but am still going through this. It especially hurts if I am tired, so I feel like a lazy butt trying to do just a minimum?? Even when I try resting doesn't help until I take a motrin, or aleve. I know I might have fatigue but this is crazy dealing with pain almost everyday. Anyone go through this?

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    What TX's and meds have you
    What TX's and meds have you been on or are on?
  • adiaz909
    Options
    Rague said:

What TX's and meds have you
    What TX's and meds have you been on or are on?

I started taking tamoxifen a
    I started taking tamoxifen a month ago, and did radiation that ended in June.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    adiaz909 said:

I started taking tamoxifen a
    I started taking tamoxifen a month ago, and did radiation that ended in June.

Hi,
    Could be a side effect

Hi,
    Could be a side effect of Tamoxifen, but I don't know because I've never taken that one. Arimidex made me have terrible leg, foot and hand pain. Ask your doctor he might know and maybe change your meds.
    I also know that chemo can take up to year to completely leave your body and this could be from that also.
    Good luck, I feel your pain and it isn't pretty.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Hi Adiaz,
    I'm sorry your having so much pain. Have you talked to your Dr about it? If it is a side affect they can change your meds. No reason to be in pain every day. I wish you luck. take care Kay
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    D3 Level?
    I almost hate to mention it again, but has your oncologist checked your d3 level? Breast cancer patients are often low and low levels cause more inflamation and joint pain. I check out low in spite of drinking d fortified milk, taking a multi daily with D, and taking calcium supplements with D. Go figure! A nurse suggested I get tested after I had endured months of pain on aromasin. Two days after getting on prescription D3 I could walk without pain and no other meds. While some people are genetically going to have great pain on cancer drugs, some of us are lucky enough to find an easy fix. It is worth checking out. Now I'm usually okay with the gel tabs of D3 I get at the health food store. I take them instead of motrin when my feet ouch and they work like magic. I hope you can find out how to fix things for you. Good luck!
  • adiaz909
    Options
    cabbott said:

D3 Level?
    I almost hate to mention it again, but has your oncologist checked your d3 level? Breast cancer patients are often low and low levels cause more inflamation and joint pain. I check out low in spite of drinking d fortified milk, taking a multi daily with D, and taking calcium supplements with D. Go figure! A nurse suggested I get tested after I had endured months of pain on aromasin. Two days after getting on prescription D3 I could walk without pain and no other meds. While some people are genetically going to have great pain on cancer drugs, some of us are lucky enough to find an easy fix. It is worth checking out. Now I'm usually okay with the gel tabs of D3 I get at the health food store. I take them instead of motrin when my feet ouch and they work like magic. I hope you can find out how to fix things for you. Good luck!

Thank you ALL for your
    Thank you ALL for your input, I really appreciated it. The weird thing is that I started with these leg pains months before the tamox? But I don't think I have checked my D3? And If they did check me, I am not aware of my levels. I am new at all this so I am so glad you shared your knowledge. I would definitely rather take the vitamin instead of pain pills!! I have a check up in 2 1/2 wks, do you think I need to go see doctor before?? I was just gonna wait.
  • Curlz
    Curlz Member Posts: 42
    Options
    adiaz909 said:

Thank you ALL for your
    Thank you ALL for your input, I really appreciated it. The weird thing is that I started with these leg pains months before the tamox? But I don't think I have checked my D3? And If they did check me, I am not aware of my levels. I am new at all this so I am so glad you shared your knowledge. I would definitely rather take the vitamin instead of pain pills!! I have a check up in 2 1/2 wks, do you think I need to go see doctor before?? I was just gonna wait.

Make the call!
    I definitely wouldn't wait another 2.5 weeks if you're in that much pain...put in a call to your onc and see what s/he says. It's really common to have foot/leg cramping w/Tamoxifen (for me the feet are worse), which could also mean you need more potassium (bananas, avocados, grapefruit--IF IT DOESN'T CONFLICT w/your meds!) but it could also be something else. And knowing that you're on Tamoxifen, they also watch for blood clots, although since you had these pains before the Rx, that may not be a concern. But don't wait and sit around in pain--you're entitled to feel better!
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options

Hi,
    Could be a side effect

Hi,
    Could be a side effect of Tamoxifen, but I don't know because I've never taken that one. Arimidex made me have terrible leg, foot and hand pain. Ask your doctor he might know and maybe change your meds.
    I also know that chemo can take up to year to completely leave your body and this could be from that also.
    Good luck, I feel your pain and it isn't pretty.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

never thought of meds
    I am on tamoxifen-i get terrible legs cramps at night..in calf...sometime hurts for days (tight) I should ask my dr next appt..
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear
    I hope you can find the cause and it stops
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Are you
    drinking enough water? Dehydration can cause leg & foot pain or cramping. I have osteoarthritis and have frequent boughts with cramping especially if I don't drink enough.
    {[hugs}} Char