hey rague! i hear snow is heading your way!!!

Options
heidijez
heidijez Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
hey rague! i hear snow is heading your way!!! all i can say is don't send it to wisconsin!!!

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    The Wind's the worst!
    At least right here at the house. We had some flurries this morning but thats stopped for most of the area. I haven't heard how much snow fell totally but i heard last night that the Hills had gotten 10+ inches in several locations up there. Most of the area has gotten quite a bit today though - just not us for some strange reason. Hubby had to go on the Rez to work today and he said that a lot of the way he had visiblity of about 100 feet. The last radar I looked at shows it heading east with most of the area clear or clearing out.

Now as soon as the wind blows itself away all will be good. 6 am Mon til 6 am Tues we were under a High Wind Advisery (we had a gust to 57 mph at the local Middle School), 6am Tues til 6 pm today has been High Wind Warnings (yesterday gusts to 62 mph and today to 66 mph). Yesterday a wall that was being built at a R.C. High School for a new science wing that was about 30' high and 150' long was blown down. A lot of tree damage. Talked to friend who had one of the moveable lighted signs you put letters on out in front of their business - it was rated to up to 65 mph winds but it is now trash.

Hopefully no one is hit by this storm anymore than they already have been - I heard somewhere on TV that is supposed to one of the worst storm to have cut a swath from the NW across such a big area in over 70 years. Prayers for all those who have been inpacted by it.

Susan
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

The Wind's the worst!
    At least right here at the house. We had some flurries this morning but thats stopped for most of the area. I haven't heard how much snow fell totally but i heard last night that the Hills had gotten 10+ inches in several locations up there. Most of the area has gotten quite a bit today though - just not us for some strange reason. Hubby had to go on the Rez to work today and he said that a lot of the way he had visiblity of about 100 feet. The last radar I looked at shows it heading east with most of the area clear or clearing out.

Now as soon as the wind blows itself away all will be good. 6 am Mon til 6 am Tues we were under a High Wind Advisery (we had a gust to 57 mph at the local Middle School), 6am Tues til 6 pm today has been High Wind Warnings (yesterday gusts to 62 mph and today to 66 mph). Yesterday a wall that was being built at a R.C. High School for a new science wing that was about 30' high and 150' long was blown down. A lot of tree damage. Talked to friend who had one of the moveable lighted signs you put letters on out in front of their business - it was rated to up to 65 mph winds but it is now trash.

Hopefully no one is hit by this storm anymore than they already have been - I heard somewhere on TV that is supposed to one of the worst storm to have cut a swath from the NW across such a big area in over 70 years. Prayers for all those who have been inpacted by it.

Susan

Rague .. I am so sorry to hear about the massive winds
    and the the damage it has cause. Stay safe .. hope you and your entire family, friends and animals are safe from harms way.

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Rague .. I am so sorry to hear about the massive winds
    and the the damage it has cause. Stay safe .. hope you and your entire family, friends and animals are safe from harms way.

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam

86 over here....
    Can you send a little of that down South?
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

The Wind's the worst!

Susan

WA weather
    You missed all the weather action in your old home. Deluge with 70mps gusts. It has been just a ducky season already. And to top it off Stephens Pass got over an 1" of snow last night. Burrrrrrr.

KAH
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

WA weather
    You missed all the weather action in your old home. Deluge with 70mps gusts. It has been just a ducky season already. And to top it off Stephens Pass got over an 1" of snow last night. Burrrrrrr.

KAH

Good for Stevens Pass Ski Area
    Back when the boys were skiing, it took 3 foot of snow on the ground before Stevens
    Ski Area could open (don't remember for Baker) so that's good to get snow in Stevens Pass.