Dr Oz on ovca

upsofloating
upsofloating Member Posts: 466 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Just watched new episode of Dr Oz on new developments in ovca research. Should be available on his website, www.droz.com. Most significant issue was that cancer cells may originate in fallopian tubes and then attach to ovary. Also explains how ovca can spread thruout abdomen so insidiously. Research was done @ U of Washington. BC Canada now rec fallopian tube removal w/uterus in hysterectomies.

Also, kudos to Dr Oz for airing this during Pink month.

Annie

Comments

• nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    link
    Yes, I watched it online. Informative. ANyone who is interested in watching it can see it on DrOz.com. There are 4 segments.
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    nancy591 said:

link
    Yes, I watched it online. Informative. ANyone who is interested in watching it can see it on DrOz.com. There are 4 segments.

I am a bit concerned about
    I am a bit concerned about his tubal ligation remark. I would hate for women to think they are "safe" just because they have had a TL. It's definitely NOT a get out of Cancer free card.
  • leesag
    leesag Member Posts: 621 Member
    Just a note: I read the
    Just a note: I read the article and listened to the segment and this study only involved women with a genetic predisposition. No help for someone like me: I was the first person to get divorced in my family, and the very first person in the collective memory of my family to have cancer. Trust me to be all "over-achiever!"