Infected Computer

JUDYV5
JUDYV5 Member Posts: 392
edited March 2014 in Head and Neck Cancer #1
I got infected with a computer virus that redirected me to advertisement sites. There is a free program called ad-ware by javasoft that did fix the problem. I don't know where I picked it up - but I do visit this site a lot and we did have that problem with that spammer. I had to load the software onto a flash drive on off the website on a non infected computer.

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi Judy

Sorry you had a problem, my computer is working OK. It is a shame that some people can’t respect the rights of others.

All the best to you
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    glad you're safe now
    How frustrating! Glad you got the fix. thanks for sharing the info.
  • adventurebob
    adventurebob Member Posts: 691
    fixing computers
    Hi Judy,
    Next time you might want to try 35 rads and 3 rounds of Cisplatin spread out over 7 weeks. You might need to get a feeding tube for the computer though because it's going to have a rough time swallowing for awhile. If this doesn't work just turn it off and back on again.

Bob
  • JUDYV5

fixing computers
    Hi Judy,
    Next time you might want to try 35 rads and 3 rounds of Cisplatin spread out over 7 weeks. You might need to get a feeding tube for the computer though because it's going to have a rough time swallowing for awhile. If this doesn't work just turn it off and back on again.

Bob

LOL
    That treatment seemed to work for me (feeding tube and all). Looking at pictures of myself during treamtent, it was obvious I needed to be rebooted. Didn't do a darned thing for the computer. Rebooting is always my first choice with any of the computer problems I deal with. I should mention I work in the tech department of a high school and I am rebooting these darned machines all day. I picked up this nasty little virus at work. I don't have access to a lot of sites here (School Security)and can't figure out how I got it. It took me a while to get rid of this problem. I figured I would spread the word of how I did in case it had been spread through our community.
  • luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    NO ISSUES HERE
    Hi Judy, are you referring to "DORIS F$#@N KNIGHT??

What a waste of good carbon she is.

I have had no issues on my computer.

Mike
  • luv4lacrosse
    NO ISSUES HERE

Mike
  • luv4lacrosse
    NO ISSUES HERE

Mike
  • JUDYV5

NO ISSUES HERE

Mike

Have no idea !!
    Have no idea where I picked up the virus - was a bit embarassing though.