Femara and hair!

Options
sausageroll
sausageroll Member Posts: 415
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I know that I haven't been around much lately. Too much going on here.

Any of you of Femara may be able to help me. My hair grew back really well after chemo...that was about 8 months ago. Suddenly 3 weeks ago my hair started to fall out. Then yesterday...suddenly ...it changed from being curly to sooooo straight. Just wondered if any of you had this side effect. Oncologist totally denighed it.

Comments

• mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    Couldn't take
    I couldn't take the side effects of Femera after 7 months so I really can't help. Hopefully they'll tell you what's going on soon. Who wants to go thru that again (losing the hair that is). I'm sure someone here will be able to offer insight. I've noticed that oncs seem to downplay all side effects, at least mine did.

Let us know what they say.

marge
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options

Couldn't take
    I couldn't take the side effects of Femera after 7 months so I really can't help. Hopefully they'll tell you what's going on soon. Who wants to go thru that again (losing the hair that is). I'm sure someone here will be able to offer insight. I've noticed that oncs seem to downplay all side effects, at least mine did.

Let us know what they say.

marge

You're right
    Agree with you Marge!
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Don't Know
    I did chemo, break for surgery and radiation, chemo, herceptin, surgery. I was not on Femara, but I did lose hair. I came in grey and curly, then gradually straightened and turned light brown, but stayed in. It might not help, but you can go to chemocare.com to lookup specific drugs and side effects. I know extreme stress and nutrition problems can cause hairloss too, but you may not have any of that. I'm just guessing, no idea really.

Hope you find answers soon, seof
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options

You're right
    Agree with you Marge!

alopecia
    Alopecia (hair loss) is listed as a possible (although not common) adverse effect of femara at:

Femara Side Effects

You might consider a product like Rogaine for Women (or similar), if your doc says it is ok and your hair loss is not too bad.