Finally Crossed the Finish Line - YEAH!

Options

Comments

• Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    VickiSam said:

What's that saying .. you've come a long way, babe!
    YaY .. for you Sunrae .. Job well done, finish line crossed .. Now to recover, heal a little and get back to normal.

Congratulations!

Vicki Sam

Thanks to all you wonderful
    Thanks to all you wonderful warriors. My feet haven't touched the ground since yesterday. Today was a grand day, just enjoying having a normal day. Hope to get my energy back one of these days and for sure, I'll be raising a glass (margarhita)?, one day this week, maybe 2 days. I'm celebrating and hope to get good news when I go thru the next few weeks of tests. Wishing the best for all of you.
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Thanks to all you wonderful
    Thanks to all you wonderful warriors. My feet haven't touched the ground since yesterday. Today was a grand day, just enjoying having a normal day. Hope to get my energy back one of these days and for sure, I'll be raising a glass (margarhita)?, one day this week, maybe 2 days. I'm celebrating and hope to get good news when I go thru the next few weeks of tests. Wishing the best for all of you.

Sunrae
    You are such a brave warrior! I cannot imagine all that you have gone through so far on this journey. Your story is just incredible and inspiring. I am so happy for you that you are finished, and may you continue to enjoy life and live it to the fullest.
    Linda
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Sunrae!
    I am so so happy for

Sunrae!

I am so so happy for you! You have had quite the battle, and that you posted about crossing the finish line is such a joy and a big burst of encouragement to those following in your brave footsteps! I am grinning ear to ear, thinking abut when you first joined our family, and now? You are finished! Life After Cancer...what a beautiful, well-deserved place to be!

I know you will take care of your burned skin...I keep thinking that in a month from now,at Thanksgiving, you will have so much to give thanks for! Bless your heart! Thanks so much for giving us the best news ever!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    chenheart said:

Sunrae!
    I am so so happy for

Sunrae!

I am so so happy for you! You have had quite the battle, and that you posted about crossing the finish line is such a joy and a big burst of encouragement to those following in your brave footsteps! I am grinning ear to ear, thinking abut when you first joined our family, and now? You are finished! Life After Cancer...what a beautiful, well-deserved place to be!

I know you will take care of your burned skin...I keep thinking that in a month from now,at Thanksgiving, you will have so much to give thanks for! Bless your heart! Thanks so much for giving us the best news ever!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Wonderful news Sunrae! I am
    Wonderful news Sunrae! I am smiling for you! Your journey with bc has been very difficult, but, look at you now, a rad grad and only good health in your future.

Be careful with your skin for awhile now. Good luck to you!

Hugs, Angie
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Angie2U said:

Wonderful news Sunrae! I am
    Wonderful news Sunrae! I am smiling for you! Your journey with bc has been very difficult, but, look at you now, a rad grad and only good health in your future.

Be careful with your skin for awhile now. Good luck to you!

Hugs, Angie

Sunrae you are truely amazing
    You have been thru more than one woman should have to endure, and you did it with grace. I am so glad the treatments are over. You deserve health, and happiness. Take care.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

Sunrae you are truely amazing
    You have been thru more than one woman should have to endure, and you did it with grace. I am so glad the treatments are over. You deserve health, and happiness. Take care.

I saw!
    I saw the checkered flag and heard the bell ringing when you finished Sunrae! I knew something very, very important had happened and it did!

Congratulations on finishing this leg of your journey. Huge accomplishment and I am so proud of you, as, I know it has been a very difficult journey for you.

Now, keep the creams on, still get lots of rest, be very gentle with your skin and in a few weeks, you will be amazed at how well your skin heals back.

Go out and paint the town red!

Sue :)
  • Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    Options
    So happy for you!!!
    I haven't been on the boards a lot lately, but I'm thankful I've logged on this week, so I could read that you've crossed the finish line!!! While fighting my battle last year, you became so dear to me...you are such an inspiration!!! If I had to go to battle, I would want you beside me...you are a WARRIOR in every sense of the word.

Huge hugs & much love,
    Tina
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Congratulations!
    No more rads!!!! Yay!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Sunrae
    congrats! That's wonderful news.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Sunrae
    congrats! That's wonderful news.
    {{hugs}} Char

Hooray!
    Congratulations, Sunrae......it's nice to be "over". Heal fast, and let's get on with life. Hugs, Judy
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Finish line
    Great to hear you are done! How I got through my treatments is I planned a Disney trip with friend ONLY! so each day I would go for treatment I would just say Disney disney disney! Something to look forward too!

so Happy to hear it is over for you!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Sunrae,
    A big hooray for the

Sunrae,
    A big hooray for the finish of the treatments. You had a lot to deal with and I know it wasn't easy but you did it. My prayers will continue that your stay cancer free.
    Stef

Fantastic Sunrae!
    Fantastic Sunrae! Congrats!

Hugs, Jan
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Hooray!
    Congratulations, Sunrae......it's nice to be "over". Heal fast, and let's get on with life. Hugs, Judy

Sunrae, congrats on finishing rads. They aren't easy, and, you did it!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    carkris said:

Wow so excited for you!! you
    Wow so excited for you!! you finished this long hard road. You have such determination and resilience!!! So happy for you!

You crossed the finish line
    You crossed the finish line Sunrae! Congrats!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options

Finish line
    Great to hear you are done! How I got through my treatments is I planned a Disney trip with friend ONLY! so each day I would go for treatment I would just say Disney disney disney! Something to look forward too!

so Happy to hear it is over for you!

The last couple of days have
    The last couple of days have been very "normal" for me, just doing some things around the house and I finally got out in the yard and supervised my dear hubby while I had him move some plants around and plant some I had in planters before winter hits. Actually, last night we had a hard freeze with temps below 30 degrees. Whatever happened to summer, oh, I guess I was in a chemo fog all summer and it passed me by.
    We went out for dinner last evening at a great mexican restaurant and I finally got my margarita. WOW! I would have ordered another one but with all the meds I take I would have wound up in a corner smiling and sleeping the night away. Its great to have my taste buds back and I'm not having much trouble with my esophagus (which was affected by the rad treatments). Once the burnt skin heals I'll be in good shape. We are planning on taking a trip to the Florida Gulf area in January if everything works out.
    I may not do Facebook as I don't think there is enough privacy there. I signed up but have pretty well backed out. My kids, others of the family and a lot of friends are there and I just didn't want them to know all the details of my bc struggle. And its such a social network and I just don't think I want to spend too much time there. Here at CSN I feel like I can unload and reveal things that bother me, and be encouraged by all of you. I hope to be here more often as my energy comes back and hope I can help someone here. So many of you have set a great example for me and inspired me to continue on when the going got tough and I really appreciate all of your kind words, comfort, encouragement, thoughts and prayers on my behalf. Love and hugs to each of you.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    You did it! I am so happy
    You did it! I am so happy for you. You are one tough warrior. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

You did it! I am so happy
    You did it! I am so happy for you. You are one tough warrior. xoxoxoxo Lynn

So happy for you -you have done it!
    Congratulations Sunrae, I still remember when you joined the board. Great accomplishment now please take care of yourself.
    When I celebrated my finish line I found that alcohol was bad for my arm and lymphedema, so please be careful. I am not on Facebook too for the same reasons.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Sunrae said:

The last couple of days have
    The last couple of days have been very "normal" for me, just doing some things around the house and I finally got out in the yard and supervised my dear hubby while I had him move some plants around and plant some I had in planters before winter hits. Actually, last night we had a hard freeze with temps below 30 degrees. Whatever happened to summer, oh, I guess I was in a chemo fog all summer and it passed me by.
    We went out for dinner last evening at a great mexican restaurant and I finally got my margarita. WOW! I would have ordered another one but with all the meds I take I would have wound up in a corner smiling and sleeping the night away. Its great to have my taste buds back and I'm not having much trouble with my esophagus (which was affected by the rad treatments). Once the burnt skin heals I'll be in good shape. We are planning on taking a trip to the Florida Gulf area in January if everything works out.
    I may not do Facebook as I don't think there is enough privacy there. I signed up but have pretty well backed out. My kids, others of the family and a lot of friends are there and I just didn't want them to know all the details of my bc struggle. And its such a social network and I just don't think I want to spend too much time there. Here at CSN I feel like I can unload and reveal things that bother me, and be encouraged by all of you. I hope to be here more often as my energy comes back and hope I can help someone here. So many of you have set a great example for me and inspired me to continue on when the going got tough and I really appreciate all of your kind words, comfort, encouragement, thoughts and prayers on my behalf. Love and hugs to each of you.

Congrats Sunrae and so happy
    Congrats Sunrae and so happy that you got to go out and celebrate! Enjoy being rads free!

Hugs, Megan
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

So happy for you -you have done it!
    Congratulations Sunrae, I still remember when you joined the board. Great accomplishment now please take care of yourself.
    When I celebrated my finish line I found that alcohol was bad for my arm and lymphedema, so please be careful. I am not on Facebook too for the same reasons.
    Hugs,
    New Flower

Late, but, adding my
    Late, but, adding my congrats for finishing rads Sunrae!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Noel said:

Late, but, adding my
    Late, but, adding my congrats for finishing rads Sunrae!

bumping up ....
    Vicki