Questions about brain mets

Options
laurissa
laurissa Member Posts: 773
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
To those who have brain mets, what were your symptoms? The last 2 weeks I've been having headaches similar to sinus headaches. And what is the treatment? What is cyber knife? I think I'll call my doctor tomorrow.

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Hope this helps
    "Symptoms of Brain Metastases

The symptoms of brain metastases can vary, depending upon the location, since different parts of the brain govern different functions. But there are some common symptoms that have more to do with the swelling that is typical with brain mets, and the pressure this causes on the brain.

Headache
    Changes in cognition and mental status (ability to think, understand and use words correctly)
    Emotional changes
    Weakness
    Dizziness
    Visual changes (seeing lights, seeing double, or narrowing of vision)
    Problems with balance
    Seizures
    Nausea and vomiting
    Sensory changes (changes in smelling, taste, hearing)
    * Many of these symptoms can have other causes, including side effects from chemotherapy. In general, symptoms that persist are more suspicious, like a headache that is worse in the morning, lasts for days, or recurs every day,"

From (& I hope this link works?):

brainmets
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options

Hope this helps
    "Symptoms of Brain Metastases

The symptoms of brain metastases can vary, depending upon the location, since different parts of the brain govern different functions. But there are some common symptoms that have more to do with the swelling that is typical with brain mets, and the pressure this causes on the brain.

Headache
    Changes in cognition and mental status (ability to think, understand and use words correctly)
    Emotional changes
    Weakness
    Dizziness
    Visual changes (seeing lights, seeing double, or narrowing of vision)
    Problems with balance
    Seizures
    Nausea and vomiting
    Sensory changes (changes in smelling, taste, hearing)
    * Many of these symptoms can have other causes, including side effects from chemotherapy. In general, symptoms that persist are more suspicious, like a headache that is worse in the morning, lasts for days, or recurs every day,"

From (& I hope this link works?):

brainmets

P.S. The brain mets link
    P.S. The brain mets link also explains about the cyber knife. I am praying that you really are just having sinus headaches as I really did wake up with one this am. Please let me know how you are doing.
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options

P.S. The brain mets link
    P.S. The brain mets link also explains about the cyber knife. I am praying that you really are just having sinus headaches as I really did wake up with one this am. Please let me know how you are doing.

No brain mets
    just in brain fluids my main sight effect was a whomp whomp sound in my head ALL THE TIME and I had headaches that would not stop and I can hear my heart beat in my head sometimes
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Laurissa
    I wish it is nothing serious. Please keep us posted.
    Hugs
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Laurissa
    Hugs

I have had sinus headaches,
    I have had sinus headaches, that improve with claritin.
  • MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Laurissa I hope that you
    Laurissa I hope that you will get to the doctor soon. Praying that you're just having sinus headaches. Please keep us posted. ((Hugs))
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Laurissa
    Hugs

Praying that it isn't brain
    Praying that it isn't brain mets Laurissa. This is a great time of year for sinus headaches, so, I am hoping that is what it is. Let us know what you find out at your doctors.

Hugs, Jan
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Laurissa, good to see you
    Laurissa, good to see you posting. I hope, like my sisters expressed, that you are experiencing sinus headaches. There seems to be a lot of that going around right now. Please keep us posted and I'm also sending strength and courage your way. Take care.